The Big Island:
Honokohau Harbor - Kailua-Kona, HI
Morning Charter - 8:00 AM
Afternoon Charter - 12:00 PM
Enjoy time well spent sailing the blue waters of Hawaii with a Private Sailing Charter for up to 6 passengers!
- Sail with a certified Captain and crew with thousands of miles and years of sailing experience
- Luxury yacht is a meticulously maintained 40-foot Catalina 400
- Look for manta, pods of dolphins and other marine life in the warm Hawaiian waters
- Hoist sail, take the helm, snorkel or just sit back and enjoy a relaxing day on the calm waters of paradise!
Enjoy beautiful views of the Kona-Kohala Coast on a Private Sailing Charter for up to 6 passengers!
After an orientation and brief safety demonstration, you'll be ready to board the Imagine, a 40-foot Catalina.Your sail will be specially customized to your group so whether you choose to take the helm or prefer to relax, fish and snorkel, you'll enjoy a day well spent in paradise!
Snacks will be available on board but you're welcome to bring food and beverages of your own as well. Morning sails may include snacks such as bagels, muffins, fruit and juices. Afternoon sails may include sandwiches, wraps, sodas, chips and cookies.
Keep your eyes to the water and you may be lucky enough to see pods of dolphin, tropical birds, manta and whales during the whale season.
If you're looking for a fun adventure at sea, the Private Sailing Charter offers a personalized sailing experience unlike any other!
- All adults are required to sign the Charter Agreement with waiver; parents orguardians must sign for anyone under 18 years of age
- All participants must be at least 6 years of age
- It is recommended that pregnant women get doctors approval prior to scheduling a sailing charter
- Children under the age of 13 are required by the United States Coast Guard to wear a life vest
- Alcoholic beverages are not served on board, but guests are welcome to bring and serve their own
- Captain and crew gratuity is included in the price of this experience
2 or 3 hour charters are available.
Up to 6 passengers
This experience will be enjoyed by the participants only.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of a cancellation due to weather, you will reschedule directly with your experience provider.
What to Wear:
It is recommended to dress as if you are headed to the beach. Swimsuits are encouraged and guests should bring a sweater, as the temperature is typically cooler on the water. Crew and all passengers will sail barefoot and leave all shoes at the harbor. Snorkel gear and towels will be provided on board.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your booked date. Failure to appear on your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event of a cancelled charter that cannot be rescheduled, Cloud 9 Living must be notified and a credit will be issued to your account to be applied toward a future experience.
Can we snorkel?
Yes! The sailing yacht is equipped with snorkels, mask and fins for snorkeling. There is also a fresh water shower at the swim-step and towels available.
How long is the Private Sailing Charter?
Choose from a 1, 2 or 3 hour charter with this customizable experience.
What kind of yacht will we be on for the Full Day Sailing Charter?
Your private charter will take place on Imagine, a 40 foot, 2007 Catalina 400 sloop-rigged, sailing yacht.
Are there any age restrictions?
This experience is for anyone over the age of 6 years old. Anyone under the age of 13 must wear a life vest while on deck.
Is there a bathroom on board?
The sailing yacht is equipped with two marine heads on board, but most guests prefer to use the restroom in the parking area.
Is the yacht wheelchair accessible?
Per the U.S. Coast Guard, wheelchairs are not allowed on board. However, bench style seating with back support is available and the crew is happy to assist passengers during boarding.
Can we bring food and beverages on board?
Food will be served on board of the Imagine. Guests are also welcome to bring food and beverages (including alcoholic beverages) on board.
Will I get seasick?
The sailing yacht is a heavy boat and can travel through swells smoothly, which eliminates the rolling motion. If prone to motion sickness, it is recommended to take Dramamine at least 2 hours before your trip however, most passengers do not experience seasickness.
Will we see any marine life?
Guests might see pods of dolphins, manta and depending on the time of the year, whales. Sharks are not typically seen.
Other Hawaii Gift Ideas:(View all 47 Hawaii experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Lanai Island Snorkeling Cruise - MauiAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $95
- Maui Hawaii: Dinner Cruise & Luau ComboFrom: $176
- Hana & Haleakala Helicopter Tour - MauiAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $260
- Zipline & Waterfalls - MauiFrom: $239
- Full Day Rappelling Adventure - MauiFrom: $209
- Waterfalls & Rainforest Hike - MauiFrom: $130
- Historic Pearl Harbor Tour - OahuFrom: $97
- North Shore Adventure Tour - OahuFrom: $94
- Dolphin Watching and Lunch Cruise - OahuFrom: $83
- All Hawaii Experiences