Seabrook, TX, Pier 1
Year Round, Monday-Friday at 6:30pm, Saturday & Sunday, 10:00am, 2:00pm & 6:00pm
- Sculling is the form of rowing in which each rower has 2 oars, one extending from each side of the boat
- Through your instruction, you'll learn the basics of sculling so that upon completion you will be comfortable enough to scull on your own
- Rowing provides relaxation to both the mind and body with each stroke
Have you ever looked out on the water and admired the gracefulness of rowers cutting across the surface? Now is your chance to learn to "Scull"! Whether you are new to "Sculling" or just looking to brush up on your skills, this class may be exactly what you need.
"Sculling" is different than rowing, in that while sculling each rower has two oars, one extending from each side of the boat and each is held with one hand.
During your session, you will cover the basics of equipment safety and handling, getting in and out of the boat, stroke sequencing, backing, docking and turning.
After the class, you should be comfortable enough to scull on your own!
No prior experience is necessary. Participants must be at least 18 years of age or have consent of parent or guardian. Classes require a minimum of 3 participants to run.
4 hour class
Up to 6 people per class
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear a swim suit, as you may get wet. Also, bring a change of clothes and sunglasses, gloves and water shoes or boat shoes with extra socks. Rowing with pockets can sometimes catch your thumbs during the stroke.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other Houston Gift Ideas:(View all 38 Houston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Race a Ferrari 430 ScuderiaFrom: $487
- Race a Lamborghini SuperleggeraAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $487
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $550
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Downtown Food TourAvg Rating of: 4(3)From: $68
- The Heights Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $65
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $86
- Murder Mystery Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(2)From: $85
- Scenic Booze CruiseFrom: $74
- All Houston Experiences