Kansas City, MO
Select Saturdays - 5:15 PM
Take a trip back in time! Discover the secrets of Kansas City's lawless past as you sample some of the city's best craft cocktails on this prohibition tour.
- Learn the infamous history of Kansas City and about the people who famously snubbed their noses at Prohibition
- Top ranking tour provider on TripAdvisor
- Experience includes 4 craft cocktails and light bites at 3 of Kansas City's best cocktail locations
- Transportation is provided to and from each location on a comfortable tour bus, so sit back and relax
- This is a great experience for locals and visitors alike!
During the '20s and '30s, Kansas City famously snubbed its nose at Prohibition and became a hot-spot for the newest musical movement: Jazz!
While enjoying some of the city's finest craft cocktails and food, you will take an in-depth look at Kansas City's infamous history. The Prohibition Era was a time rich with culture and intrigue.You'll learn all about the "working women" who once ruled the city streets and how they were able to do so. You may even hear a few stories that were omitted from the history books!
This 3-hour tour will take you to 3 of Kansas City's finest cocktail and food establishments, where you will be seated immediately upon arrival. You'll be treated to some light bites and 4 different craft cocktails throughout the course of the tour.
From a central meeting point, transportation throughout the city will be provided via a comfortable 14 passenger tour bus. There's no need to worry about getting yourself around town; just sit back, relax, and enjoy!
Whether you are a Kansas City local or just a visitor, you are certain to learn something new on this Prohibition cocktail tour!
- Participants will travel by bus for this tour
- 4 cocktails and light bites at 3 locations included in the price
- Must be 21 or older with valid ID for alcohol tastings
- Tour requires a minimum of 4 participants to run
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included, but is appreciated
- Restaurant gratuities are included in the price of your ticket
You will be accompanied by other tour participants with a maximum of 14 per tour. For groups larger than 6, please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This tour runs rain or shine. In the rare event the provider must cancel due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and shoes appropriate for expected weather conditions and some walking.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 1 week prior to your desired date.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings for this experience are final.
Is there a minimum age for this tour?
Yes, all participants must be 21 or older with a valid government issued ID for the Prohibition Craft Cocktail Tour.
Is this a walking tour?
No, this is not a walking tour. Participants will travel from venue to venue on a luxury bus, so sit back and enjoy!
What do I need to bring with me?
Please bring a valid form of ID with you on this tour.
What if I am vegetarian or have dietary restrictions or allergies?
Food substitutions for vegetarians can be made, however gluten-free or dairy allergies cannot be accommodated. Please make note of any vegetarian requests at the time of booking.
Other Kansas City Gift Ideas:(View all 17 Kansas City experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- NASCAR Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $119
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(9)From: $525
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $240
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $325
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $260
- Prohibition Craft Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $77
- Crossroads Historical Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $58
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $63
- Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $200
- All Kansas City Experiences
"We were slightly confused as to where exactly to go to meet everyone else on the experience. However, once we figured out parking and found everyone else, it was quite a nice experience. As with meeting anyone new, the first half hour or so was a bit awkward, but then food arrived, and our guide, Rebecca, shared her knowledge with us as we tasted food samples (which were delicious, by the way!). Everyone having finished, we moved along to the next stop on our journey. I enjoyed the variety of types of establishments we visited, and our "crowd" was just the right size, and very friendly. (Drink-tasting can help do that, I'm sure!) Rebecca seemed to be a natural at helping everyone relax and enjoy the ride. She presented pieces of history to us that we were unaware of, and it was the perfect experience in which to learn new things while also getting out and meeting other people, which honestly, we rarely seem to find the time to do. I don't want to say too much about where we went as to not ruin the experience for anyone else. I would highly recommend this Cloud 9 Living experience to anyone, and also, our guide, Rebecca. We have another Cloud 9 Living experience waiting for us when we can again fit it into our way-too-busy schedule, and we are looking so very forward to it. Thank you, Rebecca, Dad, and Cloud 9 Living!"
"Everything was great. We learned a lot of Kansas City history, tried new drinks, and went to a couple of places we didn't know about but will go to again. Highly recommend -- and if you are booking this for a special occasion, be sure to mention when booking. "
"Our guide, Rebecca, was amazing! She was very thorough with her history representation. She was extremely nice and answered any questions anyone had. She definitely made the tour worthwhile because she was very friendly and outgoing. The tour itself is very interesting and awesome. We never wanted it to end!"