Learn to Fly a Helicopter in Las Vegas
North Las Vegas Airport, Las Vegas, NV
Daily - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending weather and pilot availabilty
- Includes ground instruction followed by actual flight time over beautiful Las Vegas and the surrounding mountains
- You'll actually take the controls and fly a Robinson R22 or Schweizer 300C - the world's premier helicopters for instruction
- Learn straight & level flying, turns, climbs & descents, and more!
- Learn from a FAA certified flight instructor
Have you always dreamed of taking the controls of a beautiful helicopter and soaring upward toward the sky? Now is your chance to learn the basics of how to fly a helicopter with this fun and exhilarating experience!
You'll be learning from and flying with a FAA certified flight instructor, and flying aboard a Robinson R22 or a Schweizer 300C helicopter. You'll start with ground instruction which includes an introduction to helicopter flight controls and basic principles. Then enjoy an exciting flight lesson over beautiful Las Vegas and the surrounding mountains.
While in flight, you'll have the opportunity to try straight and level flight, climbs, turns and descents. You might even have the opportunity to try the most memorable maneuver - hovering!
So prepare to experience a feeling few in the world ever have, the sensation of manning the controls of an airborne helicopter!
Flight Lesson Options:
30-Minute Flight Lesson -Includes 30 minutes of ground instruction followed by 30 minutes of flight time where you will learn basic principles.
60-Minute Flight Lesson - Includes 1 hour of ground instruction followed by 1 hour of actual flight time. This is a great experience where you will receive basic awareness training and learn more advanced flight maneuvers.
- No experience necessary.
- This experience is for participants ages 12 and up. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- If you are visiting Las Vegas, it is best for you to book at the beginning of your stay to allow time for a possible weather related reschedule.
- Flight Lesson in a Robinson R22: Participants must weigh less than 230 pounds.
- Flight Lesson in a Schweizer 300C: Participants must weigh less than 300 pounds.
30-Minute Flight Option: Approximately 30 minutes of ground school followed by approximately 30 minutes of flight time. Total time of experience is about 1 hour. 60-Minute Flight Option: Approximately 1 hour of ground school followed by approximately 1 hour of flight time. Total time of experience up to 2 hours.
Not allowed in the helicopter, but friends and family are welcome to come and watch or take pictures and view the takeoff.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions; flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance. If you are visiting Las Vegas, it is best for you to book at the beginning of your stay to allow time for a possible weather related reschedule.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Are there any weight restrictions?
For the Robinson R22, participants must weigh less than 230 pounds. Participants must weigh less than 280 pounds in the Schweizer 300C.
Do I need experience?
No experience is necessary. This flight is considered an introductory flight and is meant to be fun and exciting for everyone!
Is there an age requirement?
This experience is for participants ages 12 and up. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
What if my flight is cancelled due to weather?
We always recommend contacting your pilot on the day of your experience if you have any concerns regarding weather. In the event your flight is cancelled due to weather you can reschedule directly with your pilot.
Can I bring a passenger?
This lesson is for one student only, but friends and family are welcome to come and watch or take pictures and view the takeoff.
Other Las Vegas Gift Ideas:(View all 52 Las Vegas experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(25)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 5(21)From: $299
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $175
- Las Vegas Aerobatic Thrill RideAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $229
- Las Vegas Strip Helicopter TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $119
- Mini Baja ChaseAvg Rating of: 4-half(8)From: $166
- NASCAR Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(19)From: $109
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $538
- Mojave Desert Zipline TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $159
- All Las Vegas Experiences
"My instructor was very knowledgeable and explained everything very well. I have a private pilot's license so it was easy to understand what he was explaining. He took the time and the patience to show me how to control the helicopter. It was a great experience!"
"What an amazing and thrilling experience this was! It is a legitimate introductory flying lesson, which qualifies for actual flight credit. The coolest part is getting to actually fly the aircraft, which I was allowed to do as much as my capability allowed (my instructor, Mike, was excellent). The Schweizer 300 is basically a bubble with 2 seats, so it's not for the faint of heart. That said, if you're heading to Vegas and thinking about purchasing a helicopter tour for the experience of riding in a helicopter, forget it. Do this instead!!!"
"The instructor, Kyle, was very good and was very helpful."