Zamperini Field; Torrance, CA
Daily - 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Learn to fly a Cessna 172, the world's most popular flight training aircraft
- Learn from an FAA-Certified Flight Instructor who will guide you throughout the flight
- After a ground lesson and safety instruction, it's time to take the controls and fly
- You are at the controls throughout the entire flight lesson, from starting the engine to landing the plane
- No experience necessary!
This Learn to Fly experience near Los Angeles is the ultimate hands-on flight lesson for anyone who has ever dreamed of flying!
You begin your flight experience with a 20 minute ground lesson. Here, you learn the basics of the airplane's flight controls and how to perform every aspect of flight. After your ground lesson and safety instruction, you will know how to do everything required and are ready for flight.
As you climb into the plane and buckle up, you're excited and prepared for the flight. You start the engine, taxi the airplane to the runway and get ready for takeoff.
You are at the controls with your instructor guiding you through everything, from starting the engine, to takeoff, and even the landing!
This experience will give you a deep understanding of how a plane works and what a typical flight school lesson is like.
This is an exhilarating hands-on experience that is sure to be remembered for a lifetime!
Basic Flight: A 45-60 minute flight departs from the Torrance airport and flies south of Palos Verdes. You fly along the cliff-lined coast of Palos Verdes, near the Donald Trump National Golf Club, over Los Angeles Harbor, the Queen Mary, downtown Long Beach and the Vincent Thomas Bridge.
VIP Flight: A 60-90 minute flight that follows the same path as the Basic Flight, but also includes a variety of L.A. area sites including but not limited to LAX, Marina Del Rey, Santa Monica Pier, Pacific Palisades, Getty Center, UCLA, Playboy Mansion, Universal Studios, Hollywood Bowl, Beverly Center, Hollywood Sign, Staples Center and more.
- In addition to the flight, you also receive a free commemorative T-shirt and a free subscription to Flight Training magazine
- There is no height or weight limit in order to participate in this experience
Basic Flight: Approximately 45-60 minutes. VIP Flight: Approximately 60-90 minutes.
Depending on the option selected, the student may bring along 1 or 2 passengers.
Spectators are welcome to observe takeoffs and landings from the ramp at the airport.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, canceling and rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date may result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Other Los Angeles Gift Ideas:(View all 102 Los Angeles experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Race a FerrariFrom: $299Avg Rating of: 5(7)
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $299Avg Rating of: 5(5)
- Zipline Canopy TourFrom: $129Avg Rating of: 5(13)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $225Avg Rating of: 5(12)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $375
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $130
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $499Avg Rating of: 4-half(1)
- Los Angeles Dinner CruiseFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 4-half(33)
- All Los Angeles Experiences
"I gave the booking a 5 because the experience was setup as a gift so I didn't book the flight. My instructor, Matt, was awesome. We quickly became buddies not just about the experience but about video games and are still chatting. Cool guy. The flight was awesome, I had a great time and will be doing it again."
"Michela with Cloud 9 was on it, rebooked the experience for me when I had something come up, and was in constant communication. Mike with Pacific Skies was friendly, professional, fun, and incredibly easy going and personable! We had an amazing time in the air, and felt comfortable the whole time, which is huge when you've never been in a Cessna let alone, flown one. This was one of the greatest experiences I've ever had!! "
"My flight instructor, Mike Stetzel, was excellent! He is very knowledeable, experienced, and patient. He made me feel confident and safe. I had so much fun! Miriam, at Pacific Skies Aviation, was also very friendly and helpful to all of us present that day."