Private Surfing Lesson in Los Angeles
Santa Monica, CA
Daily - 8:00 AM to 4:15 PM
- Learn from a friendly and experienced instructor certified in First Aid and CPR
- Private lesson provides undivided attention and is customized to suit your skill and experience level
- Perfect for all ages and skill levels; beginners will be up and riding with just 1 lesson, and surfers with experience will learn skills to progress their surfing
Experience for yourself the exhilaration of riding the perfect wave with a professional surf lesson.
There is no more effective way to learn surfing than by having the undivided attention of a professional instructor who will guide you through the pitfalls of surfing, and get you up and riding. With basic physical ability, not only will you be up and riding in your first class, you'll also be able to go out and catch waves on your own.
Perfect for all ages and skill levels: Beginners will be catching waves and standing on their first lesson, and more advanced students will learn techniques to improve their performance.
- Surfboard is included
- No experience is necessary
- Basic physical shape is recommended for participants
1 hour 45 minutes
Up to 4 people per class. Please contact Cloud 9 Living for pricing for groups of more than 2 participants.
Allowed, you can hang out on the beach and watch the participant.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear your bathing suit and bring a towel and change of clothes. Bring a wetsuit if you have one; if not, one can be provided at no additional cost.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 5 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 5 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Are there any lockers available at the lesson?
There are lockers or other storage for your belongings while at the beach. It is recommended to leave valuables at home or in your car. Most people simply leave their belongings on directly in front of where they have their lesson.
Do I need to be able to swim?
It is highly recommended that you be able to swim before taking a lesson. Beginner lessons generally take place in water shallow enough that you can stand the entire time you are taking the lesson. However, should problems arise you should be able to handle yourself in the water, and being able to swim is the most important thing you can know to prepare yourself.
What's the best exercise to do to prepare me for surfing?
You can't beat swimming as a preparation for surfing. Swimming will exercise many of the muscles you will use to paddle your board, it will improve your aerobic fitness, and it will increase your water confidence.
What should I bring?
For surf lessons, you should bring a swimsuit you can wear underneath a wetsuit, a towel, some drinking water to rehydrate, and have some sunblock on your face and neck prior to the lesson. If you're going to wear a wetsuit you don't need any sunscreen on your arms, torso, or legs as those areas will be covered with the wetsuit.
Other Los Angeles Gift Ideas:(View all 90 Los Angeles experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(25)From: $225
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(15)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $299
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 1-half(1)From: $375
- Los Angeles Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(46)From: $123
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(29)From: $92
- Bridge to Nowhere Bungee JumpAvg Rating of: 5(35)From: $149
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $100
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $355
- All Los Angeles Experiences
"We had such a great experience surfing for the first time in Santa Monica, we're tempted to buy our own surfboards and wetsuits! The instructors were incredibly friendly and so supportive. I 100% recommend this to aspiring surfers!"