Montgomery Field Airport - San Diego, CA
Tuesday through Sunday - 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Serving Southern California since 1994 with over 100,000 delighted passengers
- Featured in The Travel Channel's "101 Things to Do", L.A. Timesand San Diego Magazine
- Magnificent views of the Southern California coast
- Meticulously restored 1920's open cockpit biplane to accommodate you and a guest!
Climb aboard a meticulously restored 1920's biplane and take a step back in aviation history with this unique sightseeing adventure.
Wearing a helmet and goggles, sit side-by-side with your companion in the front cockpit while the pilot flies from the rear. Feel the wind in your face as you speed down the runway and lift off into the clear blue sky. The Earth descends below as you feel the freedom of the open-air cockpit in this aerobatic flight over the beautiful Southern California countryside.
Fly low and slow over beaches, lakes, golf courses, vineyards and more. Or, make up your own route. You will be in constant communication with your pilot to let him know where you want to go. Flights can be more thrilling than a roller coaster, or as gentle as you like!
Experience the aerial adventure of a lifetime!
- Participants over 6' 6" might feel cramped
- Flight can be as thrilling or relaxing as you choose
- Total weight of both participants must be less than 400 pounds
20, 30, 30, 40, 50 or 60 minute options of flight time
2 per plane, however, the weight of both participants can't exceed 400 pounds.
Friends and family are welcome to watch the plane take-off and land. Don't forget a camera!
This experience is weather dependent. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear clothing appropriate for expected weather conditions. It is recommended to dress as if you were going for a drive in a convertible.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. All cancellations are subject to a 10% fee. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Are there any age, size or weight restrictions?
There are no age or height restrictions for the Scenic Biplane Ride for 2. However, the combined weight of passengers cannot exceed 400 pounds. Please note, seating in a 1920s biplane is cozier than coach seating in modern planes.
Is it safe?
Yes, the pilots are all FAA-Certified Commercial Pilots and most are also Certified Flight Instructors.
Is it scary?
This flight is designed to be a gentle, level ride. However, if you choose to be adventurous, just let the pilot know! In the aircraft, you will be surrounded by the cockpit and wings to prevent any sensations of a fear of heights.
Are we limited to flying your standard routes?
With a few exceptions, the pilot will be able to fly you wherever you want during your flight. If there is something/someone you want to fly over, please notify the pilot even if it is along the standard route. Special requests must be within 25 miles of the airport. Keep in mind, the pilot is the ultimate authority on the flight and may need to alter the standard route due to weather, safety or other concerns.
Other Los Angeles Gift Ideas:(View all 90 Los Angeles experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(25)From: $225
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(15)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $299
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 1-half(1)From: $375
- Los Angeles Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(46)From: $123
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(29)From: $92
- Bridge to Nowhere Bungee JumpAvg Rating of: 5(35)From: $149
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $100
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $355
- All Los Angeles Experiences