Monday through Saturday - 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- With hands-on guidance from experienced instructors, you'll continue a Hawaiian tradition and craft your own surfboard
- Cut, plane and sand in a state of the art sound-proof shaping facility
- You'll shape over 75% of the board, provide the artwork and let the professionals complete the glassing process
- No experience necessary and a dream come true for any surfer!
Try your hand at a Hawaiian tradition dating back generations and create your own custom designed work of art when you Shape Your Own Surfboard in Los Angeles!
Your instructor will provide the tools and techniques needed for shaping the perfect board in a fun and friendly environment. Some of these techniques may include rail design, fine-tuning and various sanding methods.
Choose your board size and prepare to do over 75% of the shaping in a top notch, state of the art facility.
The lesson is approximately 6 hours long and is designed to be broken up into two classes. It is considered an introduction to the art of surfboard shaping.
You'll provide the artwork (up to 2 logos of your choice) and following the final lesson, the board will be glassed by the professionals and ready to ride within two to three weeks.
Shape your own surfboard and ride the waves in style!
- Other start times may be available if you need to complete the Surfboard Shaping Lesson into one, 6 hour lesson
- No experience is necessary
- You will shape over 75% of the surfboard and will provide the artwork
- You are allowed to have two logos up to 8.5 x 11 inches each and they can be in any color excluding white
- Your instructors will professionally glass your surfboard and it can be picked up 2-3 weeks following the lesson
- Shipping is available upon request for an additional cost
- You will schedule the second half of your lesson directly with the experience provider
Lessons are typically broken into two classes totaling approximately 6 hours of time. If needed, the lesson could take place in one 6-hour time frame.
1 student per shaping bay. 2 participants can shape at the same time but will be in 2 different shaping bays, each with their own instructor. Please contact Cloud 9 Living at 866-525-6839 to book a lesson for 2 people.
Spectators are welcome to watch the lessons.
This experience is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
Comfortable clothing and closed-toed shoes. Please do not wear high heels or sandals.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and/or rescheduling is allowed up to 7 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 7 days prior will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
When can I pick up my board?
Your custom surfboard will be professionally glassed and available for pick up 2-3 weeks following your final lesson.
I'll be visiting Los Angeles and need my board shipped. Is shipping available?
Surfboards can be shipped to you if necessary, however you will need to provide payment for this service. Shipping typically costs around $100.
Do I need experience?
No experience is necessary for the Surfboard Shaping Lesson! Your instructor will walk to you through the techniques and methods for shaping.
What size board should I choose for my lesson?
Your board choice is based on numerous factors including your height, weight and skill level. As a guideline, the standard surfboard for your body type is typically one hand's length above your head. If you plan on riding small to medium size waves, you may prefer a longer board. Personal preference is the biggest factor in selecting a board size. The most popular size board is around 6'6" for experience surfers and 7'6" for beginners.
What artwork can I use on the board?
The artwork for your surfboard is completely up to you! You may include two logos up to 8.5" x 11" in size and any color, excluding white. You will send artwork to your instructor prior to the second lesson.
Other Los Angeles Gift Ideas:(View all 90 Los Angeles experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(25)From: $225
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(15)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $299
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 1-half(1)From: $375
- Los Angeles Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(46)From: $123
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(29)From: $92
- Bridge to Nowhere Bungee JumpAvg Rating of: 5(35)From: $149
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $100
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $355
- All Los Angeles Experiences