Stanton Airfield - Dennison, MN
May through October:
Monday through Saturday - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Takeoff from historic Stanton Airfield, a World War II training base, for a 30 - 40 minute scenic flight
- Fly with a friendly and experienced FAA certified pilot aboard a vintage 1941 Boeing Stearman biplane
- Enjoy views of Lake Byllesby, the Cannon River, Cannon Falls, and the Sogn Valley's rolling hills and forests
- Experience the freedom of flight with an unforgettable ride aboard a vintage open-cockpit biplane!
Climb aboard a meticulously restored 1941 Boeing Stearman, an open-cockpit, World War II training aircraft, for the flight of a lifetime.
Your experienced FAA certified pilot will take you back in time to the 1940's as you hear the authentic radial engine roar to life, and you take to the sky to feel a rush of air wash over you from the magnificent wooden prop.
After takeoff, you'll enjoy a 30-40 minute flight taking in the area's breathtaking countryside. Fly above Lake Byllesby and follow the Cannon River as it flows through picturesque Cannon Falls before turning south over the Sogn Valley and its rolling hills and forests.
Experience the thrills of flight with this unforgettable scenic flight over the Minnesota countryside!
- Participants must weigh less than 300 pounds and be at least 4 feet tall so they can see over the plane
- Participants must be able to climb in and out of the front seat
Approximately 30 - 40 minutes of flight time
One passenger per flight
Friends and family are welcome to watch the plane take-off and land. Don't forget a camera!
This experience is weather dependent. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear clothing appropriate for expected weather conditions. It is recommended to dress as if you were going for a ride in a convertible, as the plane has an open-cockpit.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 5 days prior to the experience. All cancellations are subject to a 7% fee. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 5 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is this safe?
Yes. The Stearman biplane is maintained above and beyond FAA standards, and only highly qualified ex-military or commercial pilots are ever at the controls.
Where is Stanton Airfield?
Stanton Airfield is less than an hour drive south of Minneapolis/St. Paul.
Are there any restrictions on who can fly?
Passengers must be at least 4 feet tall to see out of the plane, and weigh under 300 pounds. Participants must also be able to climb into the front seat of the plane.
Other Minneapolis Gift Ideas:(View all 37 Minneapolis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(59)From: $110
- Twin Cities Scenic Plane TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(42)From: $119
- Zipline Canopy TourFrom: $117
- Date Night Pottery Class (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 3(1)From: $150
- Downtown Minneapolis Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $48
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - DuluthFrom: $294
- Spec Car Racing School - BrainerdAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $376
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $225
- All Minneapolis Experiences