Stanton Airfield - Dennison, MN
May through October:
Monday through Saturday - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- You'll learn from an FAA Certified Flight Instructor and retired Air Force Instructor
- Takeoff from historic Stanton Airfield, a World War II training base before flying over the scenic Minnesota countryside
- Take control of the plane with an instructor guiding you, no experience necessary!
Embrace your inner World War II pilot and take the controls of a 1941 Boeing Sterman biplane, a historic World War II training aircraft.
Your flight instructor is an FAA Certified Flight Instructor and a former Air Force Instructor Pilot who will make you feel confident and comfortable at the controls.
Once you fire up the engine you'll feel your heart racing, as you take to the sky and experience a rush of air wash over you from the magnificent wooden prop.
There really is nothing like the sensation of flight, especially aboard a legendary open cockpit biplane!
- Participants must weigh less than 300 pounds and be at least 4 feet tall so they can see over the plane
- Participants must be able to climb in and out of the front seat
30, 45, or 60 minute flight options
One passenger per flight
Friends and family are welcome to watch the plane take-off and land. Don't forget a camera!
This experience is weather dependent. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear clothing appropriate for expected weather conditions. It is recommended to dress as if you were going for a ride in a convertible as the plane has an open-cockpit.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 5 days prior to the experience. All cancellations are subject to a 7% fee. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 5 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is this safe?
Yes. The Stearman biplane in maintained above and beyond FAA standards, and only highly qualified ex-military or commercial pilots are ever at the controls. Plus, being a sightseeing flight you only ride when the weather is nice.
Where is Stanton Airfield?
Stanton Airfield is less than an hour drive south of Minneapolis/St. Paul.
Other Minneapolis Gift Ideas:(View all 37 Minneapolis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(59)From: $110
- Twin Cities Scenic Plane TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(40)From: $119
- Zipline Canopy TourFrom: $117
- Date Night Pottery Class (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 3(1)From: $150
- Downtown Minneapolis Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $48
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - DuluthFrom: $294
- Spec Car Racing School - BrainerdAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $376
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $225
- All Minneapolis Experiences
"Instructor was great. Very knowledgeable and very friendly."
"Had such an amazing time! The pilot (Jeff) was so friendly and made sure I was having a great time. The grounds were well taken care of, the plane was spectacular and the view was incredible. I will be recommending all my friends to try this. "
"Jeff was an excellent pilot and the overall experience was a 10!! I highly recommend this experience to anyone!"