Intro to Kite Surfing
Seasonal: during the summer months, wind and weather permitting.
Have you ever looked out on the horizon and been amazed by Kitesurfers sailing and soaring above the water? Now is your chance to try this exciting new sport!
- Over 6 years of experience teaching kiting to hundreds of students
- Learn the basics of kite safety and kite control in a safe environment
- This land-based lesson will provide you the basic skills needed to progress into riding on snow or water
This course covers the essentials to begin kiting. It will cover a bit of theory, and you will have considerable hands-on experience.
The purpose of this course is to introduce you to the sport of kiting, and teach you about how and why a kite flies, safe flying practices, and different kite types. This is a land based lesson with a small traction kite, where you'll learn kite control without risk of injury.
After completion of this course, you should have the basic skills and fundamentals to hit the water or the snow and take your kiting to the next level.
This is an introductory course, so no prior experience is necessary. All equipment will be provided.
Approximately 2-3 hours
You may be joined by up to 8 people.
This experience is weather dependent, and requires ample and safe wind. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
This class is on land, so wear comfortable athletic clothing and bring a good pair of grippy shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Can anyone learn to kite?
Kiting can be learned by anyone in decent physical shape. With proper instruction and adherence to safety precautions anyone can fly and enjoy kiting. The sport offers many levels of extremes and how far you choose to push it will be up to you. Some prefer to cruise around in light winds very relaxed, others are pushing the envelope each time they go out, jumping higher, trying new tricks etc. It is important to find the path that feels comfortable for you.
Is kiteboarding safe?
With proper instruction, you'll learn how to control the kite, where to fly safely and how to minimize injury to yourself and others.
Unfortunately, a lot of what people see of kiteboarding is the freestyle end of kiteboarding, where riders are hucking themselves 20-35 ft in the air, "going off". While this is a great, exciting part of the sport, it is not for everyone. Freestyle does add a level of risk that not all are comfortable with. Many riders love to quietly slice through the wind, leaving all their troubles behind, relaxing, suspended under the pull of the kite. Others like to go Mach 6 across the water or ice. Some like to carve huge GS turns downwind. Kiteboarding is about finding your ride, the ride that gives you the most pleasure with a level of risk you are comfortable with.
Other Minneapolis Gift Ideas:(View all 34 Minneapolis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(59)From: $110
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - DuluthFrom: $294
- Twin Cities Scenic Plane TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $119
- Date Night Pottery Class (for 2+)From: $150
- Spec Car Racing School - BrainerdAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $376
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $225
- Downtown Minneapolis Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(19)From: $42
- Fly a BiplaneAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $256
- All Minneapolis Experiences