Stanton Airfield - Dennison, MN
May through October:
Monday through Saturday - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Take-off from historic Stanton Airfield, a World War II training base, for a 30-40 minute minute scenic flight
- Fly with a friendly and experienced FAA Certified Pilot in a vintage 1941 Boeing Stearman biplane
- Take in views of Carleton College, St. Olaf College, Cannon River, Lake Byllesby and more
- Experience the thrill of time travel as you take to the sky in a classic WWII era biplane!
Climb aboard a meticulously restored 1941 Boeing Stearman, a World War II training aircraft, for the the flight of a lifetime.
Your experienced FAA Certified Pilot will pilot will take you back in time to the 1940's as you hear the authentic radial engine roar to life, and you take to the sky to feel a rush of air wash over you from the magnificent wooden prop.
After take-off, you'll fly high above the countryside of Southern Minnesota, with the Cannon River off your right wing. Circle the historic Carleton College campus before tracing a path to St. Olaf College and its tree-lined hilltops. As you fly back towards Stanton you'll follow the Cannon River to where it forms Lake Byllesby.
Combine the thrill of flying in an open-cockpit WWII era Stearman biplane with the unparalleled serenity of the Minnesota countryside.
- Participants must weigh less than 300 pounds, be at least 4' tall so they can see, and mobile enough to climb into the front seat
Approximately 30-40 minutes of flight time
One participant per flight
Friends and family are welcome to watch the plane take-off and land. Don't forget a camera!
This experience is weather dependent. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear clothing appropriate for expected weather conditions. It is recommended to dress as if you were going for a drive in a convertible.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 5 days prior to the experience. All cancellations are subject to a 7% fee. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 5 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is this safe?
Yes. The Stearman biplane in maintained above and beyond FAA standards, and only highly qualified ex-military or commercial pilots are ever at the controls.
Where is Stanton Airfield?
Stanton Airfield is less than an hour drive south of Minneapolis/St. Paul.
Are there any restrictions on who can fly?
Passengers must be 4 feet tall to see out of the plane, weigh no more than 300 lbs, and be mobile enough to climb into the front seat of the plane.
Other Minneapolis Gift Ideas:(View all 37 Minneapolis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(59)From: $110
- Twin Cities Scenic Plane TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(42)From: $119
- Zipline Canopy TourFrom: $117
- Date Night Pottery Class (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 3(1)From: $150
- Downtown Minneapolis Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $48
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - DuluthFrom: $294
- Spec Car Racing School - BrainerdAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $376
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $225
- All Minneapolis Experiences