Brainerd International Raceway - Brainerd, MN
May - September:
Select dates - 7:15 AM
Click here for schedule
- In operation for over 30 years, your racing school has instructed hundreds of delighted students
- Lead instructor has been involved in racing since the 1970's and has dozens of championships to his credit
- Your brief classroom instruction will cover safety measures, basic racing technique, and track dynamics
- Get ready for the racing experience of your life!
Everything you will need for your High Performance Driving Experience is provided. All you need to do is arrive and drive!
Your day will start with a 1 hour classroom instruction which covers the basics of racing techniques and safety issues. Your professional instructor will then take you around the track in an SUV to help familiarize you with the track.
Now it's time to get into your driving suit, helmet and gloves and get buckled into the 5 speed, Ford Spec Racer to see what racing is all about!
The thrill of driving a purpose built race car around a famous, historic race track, at speed, and with confidence, is what this driving school will provide for you!
- Choose between 6 racing options. Each session consists of 25 minutes of racing
- All options include classroom, on-track instruction, racing gear, catered breakfast and tax
- All participants must be present for registration and track tour at 7:15 AM regardless of racing time
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age and possess a valid driver's license
- Participants must know how to operate a manual transmission, as none of the vehicles are automatic
- Participants must be between 5'0" - 6'5" tall and should weigh no more than 250 pounds
Varies depending on option chosen.
10-12 cars are on the track at one time. Total group size will vary.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing suitable for weather conditions and closed toe, thin soled shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date, cancel or reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other Minneapolis Gift Ideas:(View all 32 Minneapolis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyFrom: $110Avg Rating of: 5(44)
- Twin Cities Scenic Plane TourFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 4-half(28)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $225Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- Downtown Minneapolis Food TourFrom: $42Avg Rating of: 4-half(15)
- Lamborghini Thrill RideFrom: $175
- Corvette Thrill RideFrom: $100
- Lotus Exige Thrill RideFrom: $75
- Radical SR3 Thrill RideFrom: $175
- All Minneapolis Experiences
"This survey was addressed to my brother Bob, who doesn't have a computer, but we both received this as Christmas gifts from our wives. This is Harlyn writing. This whole experience was the most fun ever. Everyone at the Brainerd Minnesota Raceway were so friendly, nice and helpful. The classroom instruction was truly helpful. But I must say that the preview ride, with the instructor, was the best fun I have ever had. It was better than any amusement ride at the fair. It truly almost takes your breath away from the excitement! My wife and sister-in-law were given on a preview ride also and they said it was SO scary, but they also enjoyed it. You have an insight into what a race car driver really has to do to try and keep out of an accident, but at the same time what needs to be done to win. All I can say is......WOW! Hi, this is Harlyn's wife, Pat writing now..... When I saw this Cloud 9 on the internet, I was a bit worried as to what this company was all about and wanted to make sure that I wasn't just sending my money off into space someplace, never to be seen again. When I read all the articles about their TV and magazine interviews, I felt confident that it was a legit business and it was! The packet that we received was so pretty, and it was such a nice gift to put under the Christmas tree. The whole experience was wonderful. My husband is 74 and his brother is 72 and they had a blast!!!!!"