Raceway Park - Englishtown, NJ
Maple Grove Raceway - Mohnton, PA
Select Dates Only:
- Your experience will start with a safety orientation followed by a quick demo run down the track in the club van
- A crew member will get you belted in and ready to go as you pull a smoky burnout, stage the car and launch from the start line
- Learn from the best - school founded by Drag Racing legend Doug Foley
- If you've always dreamed of driving a dragster, this is your chance!
It's your turn to experience the thrill of driving a dragster!
Your experience starts with a classroom orientation session where you will learn basic safety precautions and operational procedures. Then you'll head out to the track for a quick demo run and a ride down the track with an instructor in the club van.
Now it's time to "start your engine" as a crew member gets you all belted in and ready to go.
As soon as your foot hits the pedal, get ready to leave everyone in the dust as your car accelerates to speeds well over 100 MPH in just seconds!
Packages offer 2, 3 or 4 runs. The first run consisting of a long, smokey burnout, launching the car and a 330-foot pass. The distance of your second run will be 1/8 mile.
For those with 3 or 4 run packages, your third and fourth runs will will be the full 1/4 mile distance, and you can expect to hit speeds over 130 mph!
Bonus Ride Along Options: Choose one of the options with the Bonus Thrill Ride and ride as a passenger in a 2 seat dragster with a professional driver behind the wheel.
Racing Location Options:
Raceway Park in Englishtown:Known as one of the most exhilarating drag racing venues in the world by racing enthusiasts and drivers alike, New Jersey Motorsports Park boasts the finest in timing, track maintenance equipment and unrelenting record-setting performances.
Maple Grove Raceway in Mohnton: Since opening in 1962, Maple Grove Raceway has hosted NHRA Drag Racing in addition to many other specialized automotive-oriented events. The raceway features a 0.25-mile straight racetrack famous for many firsts in drag racing history.
Racing doesn't get any better than this!
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age and possess a valid driver's license
- Height requirement is 5'0" - 6'5" tall; weight is 100 - 325 pounds
- Individuals must be capable of getting in and out of the dragster on their own
- Participants are required to sign a Liability Release Form and participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to sign the waiver
Choose from 2, 3 or 4 runs, with or without a bonus Thrill Ride. The entire experience will last approximately half of the day.
1 participant per car
Yes, we encourage you to bring friends and family to watch.
This experience is weather dependent, however, classes may run on a rain delay. In the event or a cancellation due to inclement weather, the experience provider will reschedule your reservation at no cost. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress comfortably, flat rubber-soled shoes and layers are recommended for this experience. You will be provided with all racing gear except shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed. Rescheduling prior to 30 days before your scheduled date will be subject to a $50.00 administration fee. No rescheduling will be allowed within 30 days of your confirmed date.
Do I need to know how to drive manual transmission (stickshift)?
No, all of the cars are automatic transmission.
Can spectators sit in on the orientation class?
Other New Jersey Gift Ideas:(View all 46 New Jersey experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly - PrincetonAvg Rating of: 5(18)From: $199
- Stock Car Ride Along - PoconoAvg Rating of: 4(14)From: $139
- Drive a Stock Car - PoconoAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $549
- Learn to Fly - MedfordAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $155
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- New Jersey Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $144
- New Jersey Lunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(5)From: $71
- New Jersey Sunday Brunch CruiseFrom: $80
- All New Jersey Experiences
"Drag racing experience was an incredible event!!! Doug and his crew were so friendly and professional. I absolutely recommend this for any with the need for speed!! They're the best!!"
"The drive alone was awesome. Will be going back to do more runs."
"One of my most memorable experiences that I will get to relive by watching the video. Highly recommended."