New Orleans, LA
Daily - 1:30 PM
- Local tour provider has led entertaining culinary adventures since 2004
- Enjoy a variety of delicious bites as you stop at up to 6 local restaurants and shops
- Your friendly guide will detail the history of the French Quarter cuisine while passing by notable landmarks such as St. Louis Cathedral and Jackson square
- Informative tour is great for both visitors to the city and locals!
This walking food tour of New Orleans' French Quarter includes delectable samples in historic restaurants, and interesting historical anecdotes.
Walk past famous landmarks such as the St. Louis Cathedral and Jackson Square. Your personable guide will describe the beautiful architecture and intriguing history.
As you enjoy the delicious tastings served up along the way, your friendly and knowledgeable guide will offer a glimpse into New Orleans' rich history of cuisine. Sample from the two oldest restaurants in the area, established in 1840 and 1856, while learning about the ethnic influences and evolution of New Orleans Cuisine.
Learn the differences between Creole and Cajun cuisine and sample delicious food specialties which may include (and are subject to change):
- Seafood Gumbo
- Red Beans & Rice
- Beef Brisket with Creole Sauce
- Shrimp Remoulade
Take advantage of the full spectrum of cuisine and cultural offerings New Orleans has to offer. Whether you're a visitor to the city or a local, this tour will help you experience the city in a whole new way!
- Food samples are included in the cost of this experience
- Beverages and cocktails are not provided but are available for purchase
- Most establishments are located within a 4-block radius of the tour starting point
Approximately 3 - 3.5 hours
You will be joined by other participants with a total of up to 16 people per tour.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This tour is not weather dependent and will run rain or shine. In the event your tour is cancelled due to extreme, inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with questions regarding the weather.
What to Wear:
Please dress appropriately for expected weather conditions and walking. Don't forget sunglasses, sunscreen and a camera!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings for this experience are final.
How much food is served on the tour?
Most guests consider this tour a late lunch. You will visit up to 6 restaurants and shops during this tour.
Do I need to pay for a child ticket?
Children under the age of 7 that are not participating in tastings do not need to purchase a ticket. However, please note at the time of booking if you will be attending with an infant or child.
Can the stops along this tour accommodate dietary restrictions or allergies?
Yes, with advance notice, accommodations can be made for most dietary restrictions or allergies.
How much will I be walking?
Most of the establishments are located within a 4-block radius of the starting location. You will spend most of your time standing, but will be able to sit at some locations. You will be climbing stairs at 1-2 locations.
Other New Orleans Gift Ideas:(View all 18 New Orleans experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(2)From: $141
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $388
- Supercar Thrill RideFrom: $299
- French Quarter Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(15)From: $56
- New Orleans Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $61
- New Orleans Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $85
- New Orleans After Dark FlightAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $365
- New Orleans Bike TourFrom: $45
- All New Orleans Experiences
"We loved our guide, Naif. He was very knowledgeable. He took the time to get to know us and was very accommodating. We loved our trip to New Orleans, and Naif was a big part of that. We would come to New Orleans again... The city is alive with history, tradition and music. "
"Fantastic! Naïf was whitty, knowledgeable, and had great communication. Will recommend to all my friends!"
"Naif was outstanding! Incredible knowledge, super fun, and very engaging. The food, the history behind the food, the history behind the restaurants, and the general information and history of New Orleans was over-the-top interesting! If you can only do one tour while in New Orleans, make it this one and make sure Naif is your guide. You're safe with Naif! (Take the tour and you'll get the hidden meaning behind this comment!)"