East Williamsburg - Brooklyn, NY
Select Saturdays - 11:00 AM
Click here for schedule
- Your certified, friendly and knowledgeable guides have been featured in the New York Times, USA Today online, WNBC and Time Out New York
- Meet the vendors at the Moore Street Market, sample and learn about their Ecuadorian, Mexican, Dominican and Puerto Rican dishes
- Visit Anibal Meats Market and learn about the history of butcher shops on Moore Street
- Enjoy 6-7 delicious tastings on this walking tour
From farms to pushcarts to markets to the kitchen table, Brooklyn's culinary and cultural environment is constantly changing. This Cultural and Market Tour will give you an insider's perspective.
Once known for its pickles and kosher meat, East Williamsburg, Brooklyn now serves up herbal teas from Mexico, the sounds of salsa music, and traditional foods and products from various Latin American countries.
You will explore the history of Brooklyn's "Avenue of Puerto Rico," an area that was once the heart of a Jewish community and is today at the center of the Spanish-speaking community.
You will get an insider's look at the Moore Street Market that was built in 1941 to mark the end of the pushcart era and continues to be an important institution to the neighborhood today. Enjoy meeting the vendors, sampling their delicious foods and beverages, and learn about Ecuadorian, Mexican, Dominican and Puerto Rican dishes.
The tour will also make a stop at Anibal Meats Market where you will learn about the history of butcher shops along Moore Street.
This cultural and culinary tour tells the story of Brooklyn's layered ethnic history through its food so bring your appetite and have fun discovering how today's Brooklyn came to be.
- Price includes a bottle of water, a postcard map of the neighborhood, several food and beverage tastings, and your knowledgeable tour guide
- This tour involves approximately 1 to 2 miles of walking
- Gratuity is not included in the ticket price and is appreciated if you enjoyed the tour
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 13 per tour. For groups larger than 6 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
Tours run rain or shine, there will be no cancellations due to weather unless experience provider cancels the tour due to safety concerns.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance of intended date.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given but rescheduling your experience is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience for a $10 fee, per ticket, payable to the experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What happens in the event of inclement weather?
This tour runs rain or shine, so please plan ahead and dress accordingly. The experience provider does reserve the right to cancel tours if the weather conditions are dangerous. You will be contacted at least 2.5 hours before your tour if this is the case.
Will there be opportunities to use the restroom during the tour?
Yes, there will be an opportunities to use the restroom during this tour.
How far will we walk on the tour?
You will walk approximately 1 - 2 miles during this tour.
Will there be opportunities to sit down during the tour?
Yes, there will be an opportunity to sit down during the tour.
Is gratuity included?
Gratuity for your guide is not included but is always appreciated.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 125 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(23)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Tandem Hang GlidingAvg Rating of: 4-half(4)From: $200
- All New York Experiences
"Great tour of Brooklyn! We had a great time and liked our guide who was very knowledgeable."
"Everything was great! A very informative and enjoyable experience on the Brooklyn Cultural Market Tour. "