C-47 D-Day Flight Experience
American Airpower Museum - Farmingdale, NY
Two dates per year typically around Memorial Day and Labor Day
- This C-47 Warbird flew an actual D-Day mission on June 6, 1944
- You'll be outfitted in a paratrooper field jacket, helmet and parachute pack
- Participate in a pre-flight briefing session identical to the one given paratroopers before the invasion of Normandy, and fly with historians and re-enactors
- Includes 1 day membership for participant and 1 guest to visit the American Airpower Museum
Relieve one of the most historic days in world history as you take to the skies aboard a C-47 aircraft for a re-enactment of D-Day and the storming of Normandy.
You'll don authentic battle gear of a World War II airborne trooper, including a paratrooper jacket, helmet and parachute pack.
Next, you'll participate in a pre-flight briefing identical to the one given to U.S. troops before the invasion of Normandy.
Then it's time to take to the air and follow in the footsteps of the brave Americans who flew these daring missions. Experience a piece of history with this authentic C-47 flight experience.
- Participants must have no medical limitations, and minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Includes 1 day membership for participant and 1 guest to visit the American Airpower Museum. Any additional guests will have to purchase an entrance ticket.
Total experience lasts approximately 2 hours with about 25 minutes of flight time.
The C-47 Warbird can hold up to 10 passengers.
Participant will receive a 1 day membership to the American Airpower Museum and may bring 1 guest to visit the museum on the day of his or her flight experience.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions, no high heel shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 7 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 7 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Are there any physical restrictions for this flight?
Participants must have no medical limitations to participate.
Can I bring friends to the museum?
You will receive a 1 day membership to the American Airpower Museum and may bring up to 4 guests to visit the museum on the day of his or her flight experience.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 125 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(23)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Tandem Hang GlidingAvg Rating of: 4-half(4)From: $200
- All New York Experiences
"Very good. They tried very hard to make it as realistic as possible."
"AMAZING to say the least."
"This is a great experience for a WWII buff. It really made me appreciate what a Paratrooper in the 101st Airborne had to go through."