Chocolate, Desserts and Wine Tour
Downtown & Upper West Side - New York, NY
Upper West Side Tour
Sundays - 3:00 PM
Saturdays - 2:00 PM
*Please note, the Upper West Side Tour will be closed for the remaining of 2014, opening again in 2015.
Treat yourself to the finer things in life: Chocolate, Desserts and Wine!
- Spend a memorable day in New York's elegant Upper West Side or trendy Downtown, sampling the most delicious desserts and tasting fine wines from around the world
- Your friendly and experienced guides have been featured in USA Today, The Food Network and Time Out New York
- Enjoy tastings from 3 - 5 chocolatiers, bakeries and hidden gems
- You will also visit a wine shop for a wine tasting of 3 wines
Discover some of the newest and most hip eateries, shops & restaurants of Manhattan's Upper West Side or Downtown's SoHo and NoLIta neighborhoods.
Enjoy tastings from 3 - 5 eateries, shops, and restaurants. You will also visit a wine shop for a wine tasting of 3 wines. Along the way you'll learn interesting information about the Upper West Side or Downtown chocolate, desserts and wine.
Even locals will learn about hidden gems they've probably never heard of, meet culinary purveyors and experience New York in a totally new way.
On the Upper West Side Tour, you may enjoy a wide variety of treats which may include:
- Artisan chocolate truffles & bon bons
- Crunchy, gooey fresh baked cookies
- Decadent pasteries & savory bites
- Some of New York's best gelato
- Delicious breads and cheeses
- A selection of fine wines from around the world
On the Downtown New York Tour, you will enjoy a wide variety of treats which may include:
- Artisan chocolate truffles & bon bons
- European cheeses
- Decadent pastries
- Varietal dark chocolates
- Handmade candy
- A selection of fine white, red & sparkling wines from chile
- Participants must be at least 21 years of age
- Transportation is not provided from the start/ending locations of the tour
- Recommended to bring a bottle of water on the tour
- Approximately 1 mile of walking at a leisurely pace
Approximately 2.5 hours
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 15 per tour. For groups larger than 4, please contact Cloud 9 Living at 866-525-6839 for pricing.
The Chocolate, Desserts & Wine Tour is only for those on the tour.
This experience will take place in rain and/or moderate weather conditions. In the event of extreme weather conditions, the experience provider will contact you directly to reschedule your tour. Always contact the experience provider with any questions about weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for expected weather conditions and walking. The tour takes place both inside and outside the boutique shops.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 2 weeks in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and have received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final and no rescheduling or cancellations will be allowed. If you are unable to attend your booked date, you may send someone in your place as long as you contact the provider at least 72 hours prior to your experience.
How much food will I eat on the tour?
Quite a bit! This is a chocolate, desserts and wine tour so there won't be much in the way of veggies or protein. The number of stops varies, but generally speaking each tour will have 3-5 stops.
How much wine will I taste on the tour?
You will stop at one of the most innovative wine stores in the city for a wine tasting of three wines.
Will I learn about New York City on this tour?
Yes, your guides are all licensed New York City sightseeing guides and they will incorporate interesting information about the neighborhood you are touring into their narrative.
What if I have food allergies or dietary restrictions?
Please let us know during your booking and let the guide know what you cannot eat at the beginning of your tour. Your guide will do everything possible to arrange substitutes for you, and if you need to skip the food at a particular stop your guide will make sure you get an extra sample at another stop.
Is there a minimum age for the tour?
Yes, there's a minimum age of 21 years.
Is this tour wheelchair accessible?
Some of the stops along the tour are wheelchair accessible and some are not. However, anyone in a wheelchair is encouraged to come on the tour and necessary accommodations will be made. Please inform Cloud 9 Living during the booking process if anyone in your party will be in a wheelchair.
What places will I go on the tour?
You will be visiting the best chocolatiers, bakeries, hidden gems, new hot spots and more. You'll also visit an innovative wine store and taste some delicious wine and chocolate pairings.
Is there a lot of walking on the tour?
The walking on this tour will cover about 1 mile total over a couple of hours. You will walk at a very leisurely pace, stopping often and eating, so you should have no problem. While during most of the tour you will be standing, there will be some opportunities to sit for a few minutes at a few of the places that we visit.
Where does the tour end?
The tour will end about a half mile north of the starting point -- possibly a bit farther depending on the day. Ask you guide for the closest subway or bus stop.
Should I give the guide a tip?
Yes. If you enjoyed the tour, we recommend that you give the guide (and assistant if it's a larger tour) a gratuity. They take pride in what they do and appreciate positive feedback and receiving a tip. What you tip is up to you. If you want a rule of thumb, $5 per person is an average tip.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 120 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailFrom: $115Avg Rating of: 4-half(42)
- Chocolate, Desserts & Wine TourFrom: $79Avg Rating of: 4-half(23)
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $139Avg Rating of: 5(30)
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $549Avg Rating of: 4-half(21)
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourFrom: $125Avg Rating of: 4-half(18)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(10)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $180Avg Rating of: 4-half(14)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $380Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- All New York Experiences
"While I did enjoy it I think the title can be misleading. I had different expectations for something called a chocolate and wine tour. There were really only two stops that were chocolate based and one stop wine based. While I did enjoy the other stops they were not what I was expecting. "
"Erik Levi was an an excellent guide. He is very knowledgeable about the area and extremely entertaining. Would definitely consider going on another tour with him."
"Did the chocolate and wine tour on the Upper West Side of NYC. It was really a lot of fun. Our guide, Eric, was friendly and knowledgeable. The samples at each venue were really yummy -chocolate candy and chocolate chip cookies, scones and cream puffs, and wine and herbal tea to wash it all down. An enjoyable and different way to see New York."