*For locations beyond this area, additional travel fees will apply which will cover your chef's travel time plus any associated costs.
Pending chef's availability
*Rates do not apply for Valentine's Day or holidays
- Your NYC personal chef has been featured in the New York Times, USA Today and the Wall Street Journal
- Discuss with your chef food preferences, dietary concerns & menu options during an initial consultation
- Relax and entertain in style with exceptional cuisine & personal attention all in the comfort of your own home
- Your chef will clean up too!
Do you love the idea of entertaining, but hate the prospect of doing all the work? Does it seem like you never get to enjoy your own party? Let your own personal chef for the evening do all the work while you sit back with a cocktail and enjoy a truly memorable evening with friends or family.
Chef Mark Tafoya will come to your home with groceries in hand and prepare a special 4 course dinner for you and your guests. He'll even recommend wines to accompany your menu, and after preparing your meal he'll clean up too.
Whether you're looking to relax with the family for a special occasion or entertaining guests, this is the ultimate way to enjoy a worry-free night of great food and great service.
You might think that your kitchen is too small for such a service. No need to worry! Chef Mark is a NYC personal chef and can work around any sized kitchen as long as it has a functioning stove and oven.
Choose menu selections from a variety of culinary styles from around the world including French, Italian, Spanish, Southwestern, Thai, Vietnamese, Persian, Japanese, Greek, Moroccan and many more. Chef Mark will consult with you to customize the menu to your liking, and can accommodate virtually any tastes you have.
So get ready for a night you and your guests won't soon forget filled with delicious foods, wine and friends.
About the Chef: Chef Mark Tafoya is the co-owner and Executive Producer of the Culinary Media Network, and has been featured in the New York Times, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, TheStreet.com, Time Out New York, Bon Appetit and the Fox Business Channel. Chef Tafoya, along with co-author Jennifer Iannolo, has published "The Gilded Fork: Entertaining at Home, A Year of Dinner Parties", featuring 13 seasonal dinner party menus with recipes, wine pairing notes and chef's tips.
In addition to being an accomplished Chef, Mark Tafoya is a Yale graduate, is extremely personable, and will create a positive and relaxing evening for you and your guests.
- Additional servers are available upon request, parties requiring additional servers will incur additional fees
- Kitchen facilities with a stove and oven are required for this experience
- Chef will work with you to customize menu selections to your preferences
- Should you request a particular item outside the established budget, not a problem; you can simply reimburse your Chef
The following travel fees will apply for areas outside of Manhattan:
$0: Riverdale, Kingsbridge, Fordham areas of the Bronx
$25: Brooklyn Heights, Park Slope, Williamsburg areas in Brooklyn, Hoboken, Jersey City areas of New Jersey / Long Island City in Queens
$50: All other areas of the 5 boroughs
For areas up to one hour from Manhattan, $35/hr plus the cost of travel will apply.
Please contact Cloud 9 Living for locations over one hour from Manhattan.
*Please note, travel fees assume the location is within a 5 minute walk of the subway or PATH train. If farther, cab fare from the closest station applies.
For groups above 6, please contact Cloud 9 Living.
This private party is for booked participants only.
This experience is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
This is your experience, dress as you wish!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 3 weeks in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Livings standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed. However, rescheduling is allowed free of charge with at least 3 weeks notice prior to your booked date. Rescheduling between 10 - 21 days prior to your booked date requires a $50 fee. No rescheduling will be allowed within 10 days of your booked date.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 120 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailFrom: $95Avg Rating of: 4-half(42)
- Chocolate, Desserts & Wine TourFrom: $59Avg Rating of: 4-half(25)
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $139Avg Rating of: 5(30)
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $549Avg Rating of: 4-half(21)
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourFrom: $125Avg Rating of: 4-half(21)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(10)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $152Avg Rating of: 4-half(15)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $350Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- All New York Experiences
"Mark Tafoya was not only a great chef, but a great person to be around for the evening. He was very thorough with the review of what we wanted on the menu and provided ample choices for each course. During the time that he was in my home, he made us feel comfortable and answered all of the questions about how he was making each course. I would highly recommend this experience! "
"Chef Mark was amazing. From the first time we made contact through the night of our dinner, he was always responsive, communicative and friendly. Chef provided many delicious and unique dinner/menu options based upon our input. The menu we chose was absolutely DELICIOUS!! His culinary skills are unsurpassed. The food was fresh, delicious and beautifully presented. Add his positive energy to his culinary skills and it's really the total package. We all adored him. He was the consummate professional and we hope to have an opportunity to engage with him again. Without hesitation, I would recommend Chef Mark. "
"Chef Mark Tafoya was an absolute pleasure! Not only was he pleasant and helpful while we were making menu selections but the food exceeded our expectations and was beyond delicious! He is a very talented chef! We had a wonderful evening and would definitely do it again! Thanks, Andrea & Matt "