*For locations beyond this area, additional travel fees will apply which will cover your chef's travel time plus any associated costs.
Pending chef's availability
*Rates do not apply for Valentine's Day or holidays
- Your NYC personal chef has been featured in the New York Times, USA Today and the Wall Street Journal
- Discuss with your chef food preferences, dietary concerns & menu options during an initial consultation
- Relax and entertain in style with exceptional cuisine & personal attention all in the comfort of your own home
- Your chef will clean up too!
Do you love the idea of entertaining, but hate the prospect of doing all the work? Does it seem like you never get to enjoy your own party? Let your own personal chef for the evening do all the work while you sit back with a cocktail and enjoy a truly memorable evening with friends or family.
Chef Mark Tafoya will come to your home with groceries in hand and prepare a special 4 course dinner for you and your guests. He'll even recommend wines to accompany your menu, and after preparing your meal he'll clean up too.
Whether you're looking to relax with the family for a special occasion or entertaining guests, this is the ultimate way to enjoy a worry-free night of great food and great service.
You might think that your kitchen is too small for such a service. No need to worry! Chef Mark is a NYC personal chef and can work around any sized kitchen as long as it has a functioning stove and oven.
Choose menu selections from a variety of culinary styles from around the world including French, Italian, Spanish, Southwestern, Thai, Vietnamese, Persian, Japanese, Greek, Moroccan and many more. Chef Mark will consult with you to customize the menu to your liking, and can accommodate virtually any tastes you have.
So get ready for a night you and your guests won't soon forget filled with delicious foods, wine and friends.
About the Chef: Chef Mark Tafoya is the co-owner and Executive Producer of the Culinary Media Network, and has been featured in the New York Times, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, TheStreet.com, Time Out New York, Bon Appetit and the Fox Business Channel. Chef Tafoya, along with co-author Jennifer Iannolo, has published "The Gilded Fork: Entertaining at Home, A Year of Dinner Parties", featuring 13 seasonal dinner party menus with recipes, wine pairing notes and chef's tips.
In addition to being an accomplished Chef, Mark Tafoya is a Yale graduate, is extremely personable, and will create a positive and relaxing evening for you and your guests.
- Additional servers are available upon request, parties requiring additional servers will incur additional fees
- Kitchen facilities with a stove and oven are required for this experience
- Chef will work with you to customize menu selections to your preferences
- Should you request a particular item outside the established budget, not a problem; you can simply reimburse your Chef
The following travel fees will apply for areas outside of Manhattan:
$0: Riverdale, Kingsbridge, Fordham areas of the Bronx
$25: Brooklyn Heights, Park Slope, Williamsburg areas in Brooklyn, Hoboken, Jersey City areas of New Jersey / Long Island City in Queens
$50: All other areas of the 5 boroughs
For areas up to one hour from Manhattan, $35/hr plus the cost of travel will apply.
Please contact Cloud 9 Living for locations over one hour from Manhattan.
*Please note, travel fees assume the location is within a 5 minute walk of the subway or PATH train. If farther, cab fare from the closest station applies.
For groups larger than 8, please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This private party is for booked participants only.
This experience is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
This is your experience, dress as you wish!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 3 weeks in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Livings standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed. However, rescheduling is allowed free of charge with at least 3 weeks notice prior to your booked date. Rescheduling between 10 - 21 days prior to your booked date requires a $50 fee. No rescheduling will be allowed within 10 days of your booked date.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 122 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(53)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(22)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(33)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(35)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(34)From: $125
- Fighter Pilot for a DayAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $1,395
- All New York Experiences
"Chef Mark and the experience were everything that I could have asked for and more. Prior to the event, Chef presented me with a huge amount of food options, all of which seemed delicious. The party was a surprise for my mother, and he was super-accommodating with the menu and changing arrival time. Once the evening began, the guests were in for a treat. Each and every course was superbly cooked and presented beautifully. While he was working, Chef Mark went out of his way to explain what he was doing and why he was doing it. He answered all of our questions and maintained a great rapport with the guests. Everyone was raving about the experience, and we can't wait to do it again. Chef Mark is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! - Brian"
"Chef Mark was awesome. We had an amazing meal in the comfort of our home with great friends. I highly recommend this experience. "
"Mark Tafoya was not only a great chef, but a great person to be around for the evening. He was very thorough with the review of what we wanted on the menu and provided ample choices for each course. During the time that he was in my home, he made us feel comfortable and answered all of the questions about how he was making each course. I would highly recommend this experience! "