April - November:
Monday through Saturday - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Sundays - 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
*Reservations Monday through Thursday need a minimum of 4 participants
Glide effortlessly with your certified instructor on this exhilarating Tandem Hang Gliding Flight over the landscape of Middletown, NY.
- Soar with a U.S. Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association certified instructor
- Flights featured on the CBS Morning Show
- Your provider has been flying happy customers since 2003
- Embrace the freedom of flight while seeing the world from a whole new perspective!
You and your USPHA rated tandem instructor will be towed by an Ultralight plane, then released to glide. See the world from above as you soar freely over the New York landscape to the ground.
Enjoy the feeling of open-air flight during this once-in-a lifetime experience. You can finally experience how it would feel to fly like a bird!
Standard Flight - You and your USPHA instructor will be towed into the air by an FAA certified Ultralight plane and released 2,500 feet above the ground. The flight will last between 15-30 minutes.
Mile High Flight - You and your USPHA instructor will be towed to an altitude of 5,280 feet before the glider is released from the Ultralight plane. The flight will last between 30-40 minutes.
- Participants must be under 6'10" and between 40-230 lbs
- Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent present to sign a parental consent form
- Your pilot will provide everything you need, including eye wear if needed
The Standard Flight is 15-30 minutes and the Mile High Flight is 30-40 minutes. Plan for 1-1.5 hours depending on the option selected.
This experience is for 1 participant and 1 instructor per flight.
Spectators are welcome to watch this experience from large viewing and shaded areas.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions and closed toed shoes. Sneakers and sunglasses (with safety strap) are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance. For reservations on Monday through Thursday a minimum of 4 participants is needed.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider
Is a video of the flight availabile?
Yes, you can purchase a video of your flight the day of your experience for $40. Video must be requested before your flight and is taken with an onboard HD1800i camera.
How do you steer the hang glider?
Control of the glider will be by your instructor via weight shift. To go right or left he will move his body right or left inside the control bar. To go faster or slower, he will pull through the control bar or push back from the control bar. All you have to do is hold on to your instructor so you both move as one unit.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 125 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(23)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Tandem Hang GlidingAvg Rating of: 4-half(4)From: $200
- All New York Experiences
"I received this as a birthday gift and it was a memorable experience. Everyone had a lot of energy and enthusiasm. Once we climbed to one mile we really soared! This was a great experience, and I highly recommend it. Thanks, Cloud 9 Living."
"Process was pretty frustrating. My hang gliding flight was postponed due to bad weather, and then the instructor kept calling me to confirm/update me on my flight. (I had to call him 3 separate times, and after each call I was left with a feeling of uncertainty that he was listening or understood my questions and concerns.) Then the day of, I was told I'd be 4th in line -- 3 people went, then somehow 4 more people were still in front of me. When I asked the pilots when it was my turn, they all looked dumbfounded and said "oh you should be in the air now." So it was an entire frustrating process from start to end, but as far as the hang gliding experience, my instructor was very nice and I felt safe and comfortable and enjoyed the actual flight. "
"Great experience... hang-gliding was a blast!!!"