North Cove Yacht Harbor at the World Financial Center on the Hudson River - New York, NY
May through October:
Sundays - 4:30 PM
Click here for Schedule
- Discover the majesty of the Manhattan skyline from the serene waters of the Hudson on this 2-hour NYC sailing experience.
- Expand your palate in the presence of wine experts, as you sip a curated collection of fine wines, perfectly paired with cheese and charcuterie.
- Relish fresh air and uncontested views of famed New York City attractions from the deck of the Shearwater, a classic 1929 vintage sailboat.
- Whether you're a local of a visitor of the Big Apple, this outing is one of the most memorable things to do in NYC with family, friends or a date!
For a simply sensational way to experience NYC sightseeing with a glass of fine wine in hand, look no further than the Shearwater for a Wine Tasting Sail in New York!
Tantalize your taste buds with a variety of hand-selected vino as you set sail across the inviting waters of the Hudson River. You'll be amazed at the vintage vessel that carries you on this exquisite NYC sailing excursion. The Shearwater is a meticulously-maintained 1929 classic schooner, spanning an 82-foot frame and departing daily from lower Manhattan.
Local wine experts will enlighten you on the history and characteristics of wine, specifically selected for your outing. Prepare to be delighted by fascinating facts about vineyards and the fine grape liquid that graces your glass with its presence. Expect to enjoy a 'themed' collection of biodynamic and organic varietals, perfect for sipping as your scenic cruise from NY takes you past famed Manhattan attractions.
And what is the best pairing to a creative assortment of wine and dazzling scenery? Mouthwatering cheese and charcuterie, of course! Enjoy delicious bites in-between sips, making for an even more savory sail on the water.
Feeling the itch to take advantage of a photo opp or two? The Wine Tasting Sail in New York comes with no shortage of scenic backdrops. Capture any number of moments on camera as the Shearwater glides past legendary NYC attractions, giving you up-close views of Lady Liberty, Ellis Island, and the city's brilliant spread of magnificent skyscrapers.
Take in these extraordinary sights from the timeless decks of a floating NYC 'landmark.' Embark on one of the most memorable things to do in Manhattan with family, friends or a special someone. Whether you're a Big Apple local or stopping by for a visit, an unforgettable evening on the Hudson River awaits on this Wine Tasting Sail in NYC
- The sail is not narrated, however the crew is happy to answer your questions
- The ship boards 10 minutes prior to departure
- Although the boat holds up to 48 passengers, there is not enough bench seating available and some passengers will be required to either sit on the deck or stand. We recommend arriving early to ensure the best seat
- Price includes a variety of wines dependent of the theme of that day's sail, as well as snacks and cheeses
- Participants must be at least 21 years of age
This sail will last approximately 2 hours.
This experience is shared by a total of 48 passengers.
The wine tasting sail is only for those on the ship.
This an all weather outdoor experience and will sail in light rain. In the event of dangerous sailing conditions, your sail will be rescheduled. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress is typically casual. The temperature can be cooler out on the water, so dress accordingly. Passengers should wear only soft soled shoes such as sneakers, deck shoes, flip-flops or sandals. Heels and boots can scuff the deck. It is recommended to arriving at least 30 minutes before your scheduled time.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges are allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience for a $20-30 per person fee payable directly to the experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule in accordance with these terms will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What if it rains?
In the event of a cancellation by the Captain due to severe weather conditions or mechanical failure, customers will be rescheduled at no additional fee.
Is wine included?
Yes, the wine tasting sail includes a variety of wines dependent of the theme of that day's sail.
What time do we need to arrive?
Boarding starts 10 minutes prior to departure. It is recommended to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to ensure the best seats. Please keep in mind that there is not enough bench seating available and some passengers will be required to either sit on the deck or stand.
Will there be assigned seating?
Seating is casual. You can pick a spot on one of the benches, hatch covers, cabin tops, or layout on the beautiful deck.
Are gratuties included?
Price for this sail does not include gratuity. It is customary to tip the crew if you enjoyed your experience and please remember to tip your server if you enjoyed the service provided.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 130 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- All New York Experiences
"The sail was wonderful. The wine tasting was great. Our only complaint was that the platters of cheese and crackers served on the boat had nuts on them and my husband is highly allergic. Very surprised about not being cautious about allergies these days, especially when at sea."
"Generally good time had by all."
"Great crew. Really worked hard to be sure we were safe and had an enjoyable time. The woman who poured the wines took her time with each small group on the ship to explain the region, winery and expected flavors. We had a very nice time."