North Cove Yacht Harbor at the World Financial Center on the Hudson River - New York, NY
May through October:
Sundays - 4:30 PM
Click here for Schedule
- Meticulously maintained, 82-foot, 1929 vintage sailboat
- Wine experts introduce you to a variety of creative, theme-based wines such as "Tour de France" and "Fall Favorites"
- Featured on NBC's "The Apprentice", The New York Times, InStyleWeddingand more
- Enjoy the romance, adventure, and wine knowledge you will take away from this memorable experience
Sit back, relax, and sip wine while enjoying the views of the incredible Manhattan cityscape as you sail effortlessly through the waters of the Hudson River.
Step aboard this classic 1929 sailing yacht and taste an assortment of fine wines with your friends and guests in an intimate and sophisticated ambiance.
Cruise New York Harbor as wine experts introduce you to a variety of wines picked from some of America's oldest and best known cellars.
Since this spectacular vessel began carrying passengers in 2001, she has been featured in The New York Times, In Style Wedding, and Gourmet Magazine as well as a television spot on NBC's, "The Apprentice" so you know you are in good hands. Relax on a Sunday evening with sailing and sipping; the perfect cap to your weekend.
- The sail is not narrated, however the crew is happy to answer your questions
- The ship boards 10 minutes prior to departure
- Although the boat holds up to 48 passengers, there is not enough bench seating available and some passengers will be required to either sit on the deck or stand. We recommend arriving early to ensure the best seat
- Price includes a variety of wines dependent of the theme of that day's sail, as well as snacks and cheeses
- Participants must be at least 21 years of age
This sail will last approximately 2 hours.
This experience is shared by a total of 48 passengers.
The wine tasting sail is only for those on the ship.
This an all weather outdoor experience and will sail in light rain. In the event of dangerous sailing conditions, your sail will be rescheduled. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress is typically casual. The temperature can be cooler out on the water, so dress accordingly. Passengers should wear only soft soled shoes such as sneakers, deck shoes, flip-flops or sandals. Heels and boots can scuff the deck. It is recommended to arriving at least 30 minutes before your scheduled time.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges are allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience for a $20-30 per person fee payable directly to the experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule in accordance with these terms will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What if it rains?
In the event of a cancellation by the Captain due to severe weather conditions or mechanical failure, customers will be rescheduled at no additional fee.
Is wine included?
Yes, the wine tasting sail includes a variety of wines dependent of the theme of that day's sail.
What time do we need to arrive?
Boarding starts 10 minutes prior to departure. It is recommended to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to ensure the best seats. Please keep in mind that there is not enough bench seating available and some passengers will be required to either sit on the deck or stand.
Will there be assigned seating?
Seating is casual. You can pick a spot on one of the benches, hatch covers, cabin tops, or layout on the beautiful deck.
Are gratuties included?
Price for this sail does not include gratuity. It is customary to tip the crew if you enjoyed your experience and please remember to tip your server if you enjoyed the service provided.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 121 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailFrom: $95Avg Rating of: 4-half(53)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $152Avg Rating of: 5(20)
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJFrom: $350Avg Rating of: 5(11)
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYFrom: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $139Avg Rating of: 5(33)
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $549Avg Rating of: 5(24)
- Chocolate, Desserts & Wine TourFrom: $59Avg Rating of: 4-half(27)
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourFrom: $125Avg Rating of: 4-half(33)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(13)
- All New York Experiences
"Very relaxing sail around Manhattan. The crew was friendly and efficient, and our wine host was very knowledgeable about the wines. We really enjoyed the experience."
"Wine Tasting Sail was much more fun than we expected. Other passengers, crew and captain were all wonderful. "
"Every single thing about our experience was terrific and memorable. The staff had so much knowledge about the wines, and each person was more professional than the next. Absolutely amazing!! Can't wait to do it again! "