Wine Tasting Sail in New York
North Cove Yacht Harbor at the World Financial Center on the Hudson River - New York, NY
May throug Mid-October:
Sundays - 4:30 PM
- Meticulously maintained, 82-foot, 1929 vintage sailboat
- Wine experts introduce you to a variety of creative, theme-based wines such as "Tour de France" and "Fall Favorites"
- Featured on NBC's "The Apprentice", The New York Times, InStyle weddings and more
- Enjoy the romance, adventure, and wine knowledge you will take away from this memorable experience
Sit back, relax, and sip wine while enjoying the views of the incredible Manhattan cityscape as you sail effortlessly through the waters of the Hudson River.
Step aboard this classic 1929 sailing yacht and taste an assortment of fine wines with your friends and guests in an intimate and sophisticated ambiance.
Cruise New York Harbor as wine experts introduce you to a variety of wines picked from some of America's oldest and best known cellars.
Since this spectacular vessel began carrying passengers in 2001, she has been featured in The New York Times, In Style Wedding, and Gourmet Magazine as well as a television spot on NBC's, "The Apprentice" so you know you are in good hands.
Relax on a Sunday evening with sailing and sipping; the perfect cap to your weekend.
- The ship boards 10 minutes prior to departure.
- Although the boat holds up to 48 passengers, there is not enough bench seating available and some passengers will be required to either sit on the deck or stand. We recommend arriving early to ensure the best seat.
- Price includes a variety of wines dependent of the theme of that day's sail, as well as snacks and cheeses.
- Participants must be at least 21 years of age.
This sail will last approximately 2 hours.
This experience is shared by a total of 48 passengers.
The wine tasting sail is only for those on the ship.
This an all weather outdoor experience and will sail in light rain. In the event of dangerous sailing conditions, your sail will be rescheduled. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress is typically casual. The temperature can be cooler out on the water, so dress accordingly. Passengers should wear only soft soled shoes such as sneakers, deck shoes, flip-flops or sandals. Heels and boots can scuff the deck. It is recommended to arriving at least 30 minutes before your scheduled time.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges are allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 48 hours prior to the experience for no fee. A $10 fee payable directly to the experience provider will be charged for rescheduling within 48 hours. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule in accordance with these terms will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What if it rains?
In the event of a cancellation by the Captain due to severe weather conditions or mechanical failure, customers will be rescheduled at no additional fee.
Is wine included?
Yes, the wine tasting sail includes a variety of wines dependent of the theme of that day's sail.
What time do we need to arrive?
Boarding starts 10 minutes prior to departure. It is recommended to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to ensure the best seats. Please keep in mind that there is not enough bench seating available and some passengers will be required to either sit on the deck or stand.
Will there be assigned seating?
Seating is casual. You can pick a spot on one of the benches, hatch covers, cabin tops, or layout on the beautiful deck.
Are gratuties included?
Price for this sail does not include gratuity. It is customary to tip the crew if you enjoyed your experience and please remember to tip your server if you enjoyed the service provided.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 121 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailFrom: $115Avg Rating of: 4-half(36)
- Chocolate, Desserts & Wine TourFrom: $79Avg Rating of: 4-half(19)
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $139Avg Rating of: 5(26)
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $574Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourFrom: $125Avg Rating of: 4-half(17)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(37)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $180Avg Rating of: 5(6)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $380Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- All New York Experiences
"We took our Mom for Mother's Day. Beautiful schooner, informed and friendly Captain Dave, and delicious wine tastings with appropriate pours; I can't imagine a more enjoyable experience. I would definitely recommend this to a friend. Hell, I will be asking friends to take me along so that I can experience it again! Complete pleasure. "
"The sail was great and the wine and food delicious. The boat was beautiful. There was not enough room for everyone to sit down, so don't know if that is a requirement or not. Also, it was quite windy (good for sailing), but that also made it a chilly experience. Nothing to be done about the weather. I could not comment on the booking experience, as this was received as a gift. We had a great time and it was easy to book our time after we received the gift. Janet Whiton ps--The harbor directions were misleading as to what subway exit. Had to walk a long way to get to the harbor. Also, it was not clear just exactly where the boat would be."
"This was the final event of a weekend of 50th birthday events...and was by far the best and most memorable. The sail, the crew and the crowd were all fantastic. We're coming back for more."