Private Surfing Lesson
Daily - 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
*Pending weather and instructor availability
- Tested by time, this surfing program is designed for quick learning, fun and safety
- Expert instructors are Red Cross Certified in lifesaving, CPR, and first aid
- Learn in a positive environment, with instructors who will make you comfortable and confident
- For beginners to intermediates
Join us in the water as our experienced staff of expert instructors guide you through the fundamentals of surfing in a safe, fun, and memorable experience.
As a beginner, you will start by learning the basics of paddling, board handling, wave selection, and board riding.
For those with some experience, we will assist you in perfecting your wave riding skills and taking you to the next level. In addition, your lesson will also cover etiquette, address environmental issues, and teach ocean awareness.
Catch the wave and experience for yourself what the surfing craze is all about!
Private Lesson with Pat Weber option:
Pat Weber is the founder and head coach of your surf academy and a surfing champion. Pat has recreational and competitive surfing experience since 1966 and is one of San Diego's renowned surf instructors!
- Surfboards and wetsuits will be provided for all surfers
- Additional time may be added to the lesson by paying the experience provider directly on the day of the experience
This experience will last approximately 2 hours.
This private lesson is for 1-3 people, depending on the option selected.
Yes, spectators are allowed.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear your bathing suit and bring a towel and change of clothes. Also, bring a wetsuit if you have one; if not, one can be provided at an additional cost.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What do I need to wear/bring?
Wear your bathing suit and be sure to bring a towel and change of clothes. If you have a wetsuit or surf board bring them, but if not they will be provided.
Can my friends and family watch?
Friends and family are welcome to hang out on the beach and watch the lesson.
What can I expect?
Set aside 3-hours for the overall experience, with about 2-hours in the water. You will meet your instructor and suit up. Then hit the water. The water time typically breaks down into 4 half hour quarters.
Other Orange County Gift Ideas:(View all 66 Orange County experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $299
- Newport Beach Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $120
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $90
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $225
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $130
- NASCAR Driving ExperienceAvg Rating of: 4-half(2)From: $499
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Newport Beach Whale WatchingFrom: $78
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Redondo BeachFrom: $375
- All Orange County Experiences