Saturdays - 5:00 PM
- Visit 3 establishments where you'll enjoy a sample of an authentic prohibition-era cocktail at each stop
- Hear stories and view captivating imagery from the days of prohibition, bootlegging and racketeering
- Tour guides recognized in Philadelphia Magazine's "Best of Philly" and are a top attraction on TripAdvisor.com
- Visit a modern-day recreation of a speakeasy and wet your whistle with a New Orleans Buzz Fick!
Catch a glimpse into what it was like to be a "thirsty" Philadelphian during Prohibition as you delve into the history and drinks of the 1920s.
Your friendly and knowledgeable guide will share captivating stories and images about this unique time period in American history. See breathtaking 1920s architecture, including one of the city's best examples of Art Deco.
Along the way you will stop at 3 contemporary Philly hot-spots for tastings of Prohibition-era drinks. You will also receive light appetizers at two of the stops. Drinks may include (but are subject to change):
- Time Restaurant - try a Whiskey Punch
- 1 Tippling Place - try out a Southside, Al Capone's drink of choice
- Undisclosed Location - you'll wrap up your tour with a stop at an authentic recreation of a speakeasy. The owner is so dedicated to creating an authentic experience they have no website or published phone number!
This tour is great for couples, friends, foodies, locals and out of town guests!
- All participants must be at least 21 years of age
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not required but is appreciated
This tour will last approximately 2 hours
You will be accompanied by other participants, with a maximum of 12 per tour. For groups larger than 6 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those participating.
This experience will take place in all moderate weather conditions. In the rare event of a heavy snowstorm, hurricane or other extreme weather conditions you may reschedule the tour directly with the experience provider.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and shoes appropriate for weather and walking.
It is recommended to request bookings at least 3 weeks in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final and cancellations/rescheduling is not allowed.
How many drinks are included in the tour?
You'll enjoy one tasting at each of the 3 stops on the tour, with each tasting being about half of the size of a normal drink.
Is this tour just for tourists?
No, although visitors to Philadelphia will enjoy the tour, it is also great for foodies, couples or just locals looking to learn a new side of history about their hometown.
Does the tour start and end at the same location?
This tour will end at a different location, however you will be within 10 blocks of the starting point. The tour guide will be happy to provide you with directions to the meeting location.
Other Philadelphia Gift Ideas:(View all 59 Philadelphia experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(25)From: $155
- Race a Ferrari - New JerseyFrom: $388
- Race a Lamborghini - New JerseyFrom: $338
- Philly Sunset Heli Tour for 2Avg Rating of: 5(6)From: $400
- Philadelphia Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $108
- Philly Prohibition Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $63
- Stock Car Ride Along - Pocono SpeedwayAvg Rating of: 5(21)From: $139
- Drive a Stock Car - Pocono SpeedwayAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $549
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $58
- All Philadelphia Experiences
"Adam made the Prohibition tour an enjoyable experience. He provided info on Prohibition times, and we enjoyed shared appetizers and drinks at three locations. It was about a 10-block walk. I recommend this tour. "
"I feel the experience is about 20% overpriced. The appetizers in 2 of the places were way too small, especially since we were given smaller drink glasses, which I am not complaining about. I know drink glasses were small back then, and you don't need anyone on the tour getting hammered. But I feel the food could have been stepped up a little bit. The flatbread at Time was fine, and it certainly was not a great expense for the restaurant to make. I am overall very glad we took the tour. We went into 3 places that were not on our radar and are planning to visit them again sometime."
"Everything about our experience was great! Everyone was friendly and knowledgeable. The booking confirmation was sent out quickly. Adam, our tour guide, was awesome and made the experience informative and fun. Hoping to find another Cloud 9 Living experience soon!!!"