Lehigh River - Weatherly, PA
May - October:
Select dates only
Click here for schedule
*Spring & Fall usually have the highest water levels
- Your experienced outfitter has been leading trips since 1975 and guides have thousands of hours on the river
- Class I-III+ white water
- Spectacular river gorge scenery that will make you feel like you're out west!
- Less than 2 hours from New York City, most of Pennsylvania and New Jersey
Whitewater rafting on the Lehigh River in the Poconos of northeastern Pennsylvania is rafting just the way you want it, with rapids ranging from easy to exhilarating.
A visit here means real fun, real rapids, and real adventure! Come rafting for the whitewater or come for the scenery.Either way, the Lehigh River is the perfect close-to-home whitewater adventure that feels a world away! Make this year's whitewater get-away an eco-friendly vacation adventure!
- Participants should be at least 10 years old
- It is recommended to bring a light lunch
- All necessary equipment will be provided and wet suits are available for rent
The total experience will last 5 - 6 hours, with approximately 3 - 4 hours on-river time.
Most rafts have a maximum of 6 people plus one guide.
This is only for the scheduled participants.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Wear closed-toed shoes to provide the best protection. Avoid wearing cotton, when wet it loses all insulation value. A wet suit will be available for rent on colder days. Swimsuit or shorts and T-shirt are recommended on warmer days.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 15 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 15 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What do I need to bring?
If there is medication you might require, keep it with you on the river. Towels, dry clothes, valuables, and other than waterproof cameras should be left locked in your car. Also bring a light lunch. On warm summer days, it is recommended to bring a small ice pack or frozen water bottle(s) to place in the water-tight lunch container inside your raft.
How do I get back at the end of the day?
Your vehicle will remain at the rafting center, and the free shuttle buses will take you to and from the river.
How big are the rapids?
The rapids for this trip are rated from Class I (easiest) to Class III. Please note that Spring and Fall usually have the highest water levels and strongest rapids.
How deep is the water?
River depths vary, slow, calmer stretches of water tend to be those that are deeper. Faster, choppy water tends to be shallow, often 4 feet deep or less. If you find yourself overboard (this is rare) in fast moving water, the proper procedure is to float on your back, feet pointed downstream. Don't attempt to stand until the water is less than 18 inches deep. A guide or nearby raft will assist you or you may prefer to simply swim to shore.
Do I have to know how to swim?
Swimming ability is not required and a life jacket is worn at all times. Please remember that whitewater rafting is an active sport. The larger the rapids, the better your physical conditioning should be.
Do I need experience?
No, all of the trips are guided and are appropriate for all levels.
What are the costs to rent a wet suit?
Rental fee is $20.00 for full wet suit package, $6.00 for a jacket, $6.00 for pants, $5.00 for booties and $3.00 for mittens (subject to change).
Other Philadelphia Gift Ideas:(View all 53 Philadelphia experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyFrom: $155Avg Rating of: 5(11)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $375Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Stock Car Ride Along - Pocono SpeedwayFrom: $139Avg Rating of: 5(17)
- Drive a Stock Car - Pocono SpeedwayFrom: $549Avg Rating of: 5(12)
- Best of Philadelphia Food TourFrom: $39Avg Rating of: 4-half(15)
- Decadent Gourmet Tour (for 2+)From: $70Avg Rating of: 4-half(18)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $200
- Philadelphia Dinner CruiseFrom: $108Avg Rating of: 4-half(11)
- All Philadelphia Experiences
"My wife and I had a great rafting trip with Whitewater Challengers. We would definitely go back and bring our friends."
"The instructors at the site were awesome, friendly and knowledgeable!!"
"Awesome experience! Very kid friendly if you want to take kids. Have to be 10 and over though."