Guided Fly Fishing
Daily - 8:00 AM or 1:00 PM
- Utah's only Orvis endorsed guide service
- All equipment will be provided - rod, waders, boots, and flies
- Orvis endorsement, a blue ribbon river, and unbeatable scenery combine to create a once-in-a-lifetime experience
Experience world class fly fishing on the Provo River and other remote waters all within a stones throw of Park City, Sundance Resort, Heber Valley, and Salt Lake City. With professional and certified fly fishing guides, your Utah fly fishing experience will be unforgettable.
Catering to the novice and experienced angler, our Utah fly fishing guide service is designed for everyone to enjoy.
You'll enjoy excitement and tranquility while learning to fly fish with one of our professional guides. Learn how to cast and drift a fly, wait for the strike of a hungry trout, and listen to the scream of your reel as your guide yells "Fish on".
The smell of the river, the views of a majestic mountain range above, and the sounds of nature will have you craving to do it all again.
- Orvis endorsed guide service
- All equipment - rod, waders, boots, and flies provided at no additional cost
- All fly fishing equipment is Orvis branded, meaning the highest quality equipment on the market today
- Each participant must purchase a Utah State Fishing License prior to their trip
- Licenses can be purchased online at wildlife.utah.gov
Half Day: approximately 4-5 hours Full Day: approximately 7-8 hours
Up to 4 participants
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Depending on the season, different clothing is recommended. During the winter months, dress in layers. During the summer months, wear quick drying shorts and river sandals. Regardless of season, it is not recommended to wear cotton. Bring a hat and pair of polarized sunglasses as well.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Other Salt Lake City Gift Ideas:(View all 19 Salt Lake City experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $140
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $195
- Salt Lake City Scenic Helicopter FlightFrom: $355
- Ultimate Zipline Adventure TourFrom: $161
- Soldier Hollow Horseback RidingAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $89
- Learn to Fly a Piper ArrowAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $168
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $270
- Park City White Water RaftingFrom: $123
- All Salt Lake City Experiences
"The guides were talented, helpful and friendly. They took care of absolutely everything. We learned things we did not know before, and their knowledge of the water was excellent. They were both professional and friendly. Lots of fun!! "
"I was thrilled with Ellen at Cloud 9. This was a last minute trip into Salt Lake City and we needed to book a specific date and time. Ellen tracked down Rocky Mountain Outfitters to make sure that we were booked at the date and time we needed. And, she made sure we knew to get a fishing license, what to wear, where to go, how to contact Rocky Mountain, etc. Jake, our fly fishing instructor, should get a medal for taking care of us on this excursion. Tons of fun and learned a lot. We may be "hooked" on fly fishing. Thanks Jake. I highly recommend this excursion!!"
"This was an experience of a lifetime for me. I have been an amateur fisherman all my life and have always wanted to learn fly fishing. It has been on my list of things to do for many years and just never got around to doing anything about it. Last year my wife gave me the Cloud 9 Fly fishing adventure as a birthday gift. I finally got around to setting up my lesson this October with a professional guide on the Provo River in Utah. I got to tell you that this is the only way to be introduced to this "Magical" sport. I was fishing in one of the greatest fly fishing spots on the planet with the best equipment available and a professional experienced guide Doug Askelson who explained everything I needed to know as well as sharing his personal experiences that made this sport come alive. I recommend this to anyone at any level of fishing experience. I thank my wife for a gift that will last a lifetime and my new friend Doug for such a great introduction to fly fishing. I am "hooked" for life. Gerry Pergola Ogden UT."