New Braunfels Municipal Airport - New Braunfels, TX
March - November (Closed in July):
Saturdays & Sundays 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Soaring Society of America and FAA certified instructor with over 4,700 hours of flight time
- Learn the basics of glider flight, including preflight procedures, instrumentation, and sailplane dynamics. Once airborne, you take the controls!
- Soar high above the Earth. Just you, your pilot, and the gilder!
- Embrace the serenity of this peaceful form of flight as you float above the spectacular Texas Hill Country
It's a breathtaking way to fly, soaring on the same rising currents of air the birds use, with no roaring engine to spoil the peace.
This learn to fly experience will introduce you to the exciting world of motorless flight and start you on the path to becoming a pilot.
Your experience begins with a 60 minute ground school that will cover reading instruments, pre-flight procedures and the principles of sailplane aerodynamics.
Next you take to the sky and once at altitude turn off the engine for 60 minutes of flight instruction. Your FAA certified instructor will teach you basic flight maneuvers and give you the chance to take the controls!.
Don't forget to enjoy the view!
- This flight lesson takes place in a motorglider. The motor is only used to reach altitude and then turned off so you can enjoy the peaceful motor-less flight.
- Includes a glider pilot flight book and a logbook endorsed by an FAA certified instructor
- Participants must be at least 13 years of age and weigh less than 240 pounds
Approximately 2 hours
1 per glider
Allowed, you can watch the glider take off and land.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider
Other San Antonio Gift Ideas:(View all 22 San Antonio experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Race a Ferrari 430 ScuderiaFrom: $493
- Race a Lamborghini SuperleggeraFrom: $493
- Private Dinner Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $211
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $225
- Learn to Fly a GliderFrom: $350
- Learn to Hang Glide ClassAvg Rating of: 1-half(1)From: $149
- Tandem Hang Gliding FlightAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $279
- Scenic Glider RideAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $255
- Private Glass Blowing ExperienceFrom: $200
- All San Antonio Experiences