Balboa Park Segway Tour
San Diego, CA
Mondays through Thursdays - 10:00 AM
Fridays through Sundays - 9:00 AM
Traverse the city on this guided Segway® tour through Balboa Park and sunny San Diego!
- Experienced tour guides have a 5-star rating on TripAdvisor and a Certificate of Excellence award
- Discover Balboa Park, the largest urban park in the nation on this approximately 3.5 hour tour
- No experience necessary
- See the world's largest outdoor pipe organ, travel by the San Diego Zoo, enjoy zipping by Spanish Renaissance style buildings and more!
Climb onto a state of the art segway and see San Diego's Balboa Park on this guided tour!
Before departing on the approximately 9-mile tour, you'll watch a video and have hands-on training to get comfortable on the unique traveling device. Once your group is comfortable, you'll traverse the city while learning about the facts of San Diego.
A majority of the tour will take place within Balboa Park, the largest urban park in the nation. With stylish building and lush landscapes, there will be plenty to look at as you zip by!
Noteworthy sights during the tour may include:
- Art venues and museums
- Beautiful gardens
- The San Diego Zoo
- The world's largest outdoor pipe organ
- Vast network of paths
- Spanish Renaissance-style buildings
- Little Italy
Segway is a registered trademark of Segway Inc.
- Your tour will begin with an orientation session that includes practice on the Segway so that all participants feels comfortable
- Segway and helmet are provided
- Participants must be at least 14 years old, weigh between 100-260 pounds and be at least 48" tall
- For safety reasons, pregnant women are not permitted to participate
- No alcohol is allowed
The total experience time will last approximately 3-3.5 hours. Training and safety instruction is included in this time.
Each segway tour accommodates up to 8 people.
This tour is for participants only.
This experience will run rain or shine. If it rains, ponchos will be provided. However, tours do not operate in lightning and extreme weather conditions so please be sure to contact your experience provider if you have any questions regarding weather.
What to Wear:
Casual attire and footwear that is comfortable for standing and weather conditions. Flat-soled shoes are required.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Are there any age and/or weight restrictions?
Yes, participants must be at least 14 years old, weigh between 100-260 pounds and be at least 48" tall
What should I wear?
Participants should wear flat, closed-toe shoes and clothing appropriate for the weather conditions.
Do I need experience?
No experience is necessary! All participants will watch a training Segway video and receive hands-on instruction prior to the start of the tour.
How fast can a Segway travel?
Depending on the terrain and conditions, Segways can travel between 10-12 miles per hour.
Do I have to wear a helmet?
Yes, a helmet will be provided and must be worn at all times while on the Segway.
Other San Diego Gift Ideas:(View all 79 San Diego experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(31)From: $66
- San Diego Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $123
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $87
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $299
- Romantic Gondola Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(20)From: $105
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $263
- Sights & Sips Sunset CruiseFrom: $86
- Downtown San Diego Brewery TourAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $125
- All San Diego Experiences