San Diego, CA
Mid-December through April:
Daily - 9:30 AM & 1:30 PM
*Rates do not apply for specialty cruises and/or holidays
- Gaze across pristine Pacific waters in search of wildlife like whales, dolphins, sea lions, harbor seals and sea birds.
- Enjoy fascinating narration from your Captain and a trained Natural History Museum naturalist, during the course of this 3.5-hour tour.
- Share the outing with family or friends, taking full advantage of the boat's many entertaining amenities.
- The cruise company's 30+ years of experience makes this some of the best whale watching in San Diego!
Expand your horizons and encounter marine wildlife in their natural habitat on the San Diego Whale Watching Cruise!
Mid-December through mid-April is whale migration season. So hop aboard a 3.5-hour scenic cruise from San Diego, to snag an up-close and personal view of some of the most magnificent creatures in the world!
Set sail on the open waters of the Big Bay with a cruise company that has over 30 years of boating experience. A trusted crew, experienced Captain, and knowledgeable naturalist from the San Diego Natural History Museum will provide guests with fun facts and fascinating information during your whale watching cruise, regarding the spectacular world of aquatic life that dwells both above and below the ocean's surface.
Watch sunlight sparkle and look for breaks in the waves, keeping your eyes fixed on the water for signs of wildlife on the move! The majestic sighting of a legendary gray whale will take your breath away! Did it breach or give the water a solid, fun slap with its tail? Snap a photo of this impressive creature, known for making a yearly migration that's the furthest of any mammal on the planet!
Regardless of its name, your winter San Diego Whale Watching Cruise may feature sightings of more than just whales! Marvel at a pod of dolphins as they jump out of the water, racing alongside the yacht. Float past a colony of vibrantly barking sea lions. And watch as sea birds boldly swoop and dive at the water. Nothing compares to seeing wildlife that is actually in the wild!
And the sights to savor just keep going and going! As an added bonus, you'll enjoy a unique perspective of the city's downtown area and most prized San Diego attractions. Relax as you sightsee aboard this scenic cruise, thanks to the boat's comfortable amenities. Take in the scenery from the vessel's impressive outdoor observation decks, surrounded by the scent of salty air. Or cozy up inside, where you can take advantage of climate-controlled seating areas, a full bar, hot food snacks, and even a souvenir shop.
No whales spotted, for as far as all eyes could see? If the San Diego Whale Watching Cruise does not come across any whales, your crew will issue all guests on board a "Whale Check" to return at a later date for free.
- Coast Guard regulations require all participants over the age of 18 to have a valid photo ID to board
- Participants under the age of 18 must have parent/guardian supervision
- You may not bring food or drink on board
- There are food and beverages available on board for purchase
- Binoculars are available to rent on board for $5 (subject to change) and a $50 cash or credit card deposit is required to rent
- If a whale is not sighted on your cruise, you will receive a pass good for another Whale Watching or Harbor Cruise
The yacht can accommodate up to 500 guests.
This experience is only for those on the cruise.
This cruise will run in light rain. Cancellations depend on wind, sea conditions, and precipitation; your experience provider will reach out the day of your cruise in the event of a cancellation. If you have any questions about weather conditions please contact your experience provider. Cruises canceled due to weather conditions will be rescheduled for another date.
What to Wear:
Please dress in warm layers as the temperature and winds are often unpredictable.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 5 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 72 hours prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rescheduling at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Will I get seasick?
The yacht has stabilizers that greatly reduce its motion. However if you tend to have trouble with motion sickness, you may experience seasickness. Bio bands are sold both at the ticket booth and on board for $11. Medicine is not available for purchase.
What if I don't see any whales?
If you do not see any whales you will be issued a "whale check" that is good for another whale watching cruise or 1-2 hour narrated bay cruise.
Is smoking allowed?
Smoking is not allowed on this cruise.
How far out will the boat cruise?
In the beginning of the season the ship cruises 3-5 miles from shore. Toward the end of the season the ship cruises up to 9-12 miles from the coast.
Other San Diego Gift Ideas:(View all 78 San Diego experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(31)From: $66
- San Diego Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $123
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $87
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $299
- Race a LamborghiniAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $299
- Romantic Gondola Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(20)From: $105
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $273
- Sights & Sips Sunset CruiseFrom: $86
- Downtown San Diego Brewery TourAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $125
- All San Diego Experiences