Salinas Municipal Airport - Salinas, CA
Monterey Peninsula Airport - Monterey, CA
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Learn from FAA certified flight instructors from Northern California's leading flight school with over 50 years experience of training
- Hop aboard and fly a Cessna 172 - one of the world's finest training air-crafts
- Fly above California's legendary Big Sur coastline, arguably the most beautiful line of coastal beaches and cliffs in the U.S.
- Get a bird's eye view of sites such as the Monterey Peninsula, Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park and more!
- Would you prefer to sit back and relax and enjoy the sights? Check out our Big Sur Scenic Flight!
Fly aboard a Cessna 172 with a FAA Certified Instructor at your side. You'll start with a guided tour of the airplane and its' controls before taking off for a beautiful flight along the Big Sur coastline.
You'll learn how to manage complex airspace, learn about aircraft flight and have a chance to take the controls yourself.
Your 1.5-hour flight will start with beautiful views of Monterey Bay. Then you'll follow the lovely beaches to the Monterey Peninsula and take in views of the historic Pebble Beach golf course and 17 mile drive.
Then fly over Carmel, Point Lobos and the dramatic Big Sur coast with its mountains dropping straight into the sea. If you're lucky, you might even spot whales or dolphins below in the raging Pacific.
Soon you'll spot Pt. Sur Lighthouse on its lonely rock outcrop attached to the mainland by a sandbar. You may also see a colony of sea lions or seals resting along the coast.
Lastly, you'll head back through the spectacular mountains of Big Sur, crossing Carmel Valley with its farm fields and the Salinas River below you.
Prepare for an unforgettable experience and learn to fly!
- No experience necessary
- Maximum individual participant weight is 250 pounds
- Combined weight for 1 student and 1 or 2 passengers cannot exceed 500 pounds
Approximately 2 hours total with 30 minutes of ground instruction and approximately 1.5 hour flight time.
1 student and up to 2 passengers depending upon option selected. However, the total weight of both the student and the passengers must not exceed 500 pounds.
Depending upon option selected, students may bring 1 or 2 passengers aboard the plane (weight permitting), otherwise additional spectators may come to the airport to watch or take pictures of take-off or landing.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Closed-toe shoes, and sunglasses are highly recommended. Also, don't forget to bring a camera!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed with at least 72 hours notice to your experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 106 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(38)From: $55
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $85
- All San Francisco Experiences
"A beautiful day in Monterrey made this a very positive experience. I really enjoyed flying the airplane, while my friend took photos from the back seat. I would definitely recommend for someone who has never flown an airplane. "
"Fantastic experience! The weather was not too good in the morning; they even thought about cancelling. In the end, the weather worked out perfectly. This allowed us to have a fantastic view of the flight we made. It was a unique experience to fly myself; lots of thoughts went through my mind in order to maintain course. In the end, it worked out extremely good; it was a fantastic experience!! "
"I had the best time ever! My pilot was Jamie, and he went over everything in great detail. He was very personable and made the experience excellent!"