Salinas Municipal Airport - Salinas, CA
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Learn from FAA certified pilots from Northern California's leading flight school with over 50 years experience of flight training
- Hop aboard and fly a Cessna 172 - one of the world's finest training air-crafts
- Fly above California's legendary Big Sur coastline, arguably the most beautiful line of coastal beaches and cliffs in the U.S
- Get a bird's eye view of sites such as the Monterey Peninsula, Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park and more!
Fly aboard a Cessna 172 with a FAA Certified Instructor at your side. You'll start with a guided tour of the airplane and its' controls before taking off for a beautiful flight along the Big Sur coastline.
You'll experience and learn how to manage complex airspace, learn about aircraft flight and have a chance to take the controls yourself.
The plane will depart from Salinas Municipal Airport for a 1.5 hour long flight towards Monterey Bay. Follow the lovely beaches to the Monterey Peninsula and take in views of the historic Pebble Beach golf course and 29 mile drive.
Then fly over Carmel, Point Lobos and the dramatic Big Sur coast with its mountains dropping straight into the sea. If you're lucky, you might even spot whales or dolphins below in the raging Pacific.
Soon you'll spot Pt. Sur Lighthouse on its lonely rock outcrop attached to the mainland by a sandbar. You may also see a colony of sea lions or seals resting along the coast.
Lastly, you'll head back through the spectacular mountains of Big Sur, crossing Carmel Valley with its farm fields and the Salinas River below you.
Prepare for an unforgettable experience and learn to fly!
- No experience necessary
- Maximum individual participant weight is 250 pounds
- Combined weight for 1 student and 1 or 2 passengers cannot exceed 500 pounds
Approximately 2 hours total with 30 minutes of ground instruction and approximately 1.5 hour flight time.
1 student and up to 2 passengers depending upon option selected. However, the total weight of both the student and the passengers must not exceed 500 pounds.
Depending upon option selected, students may bring 1 or 2 passengers aboard the plane (weight permitting), otherwise additional spectators may come to the airport to watch or take pictures of take-off or landing.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Closed-toe shoes, and sunglasses are highly recommended. Also, don't forget to bring a camera!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed with at least 72 hours notice to your experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 100 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseFrom: $55Avg Rating of: 5(22)
- Learn to Fly Big SurFrom: $279Avg Rating of: 3-half(5)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Gourmet Chocolate TourFrom: $55Avg Rating of: 5(5)
- Champagne Brunch CruiseFrom: $96Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseFrom: $154Avg Rating of: 4(10)
- America's Cup SailingFrom: $140Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Performance Racing Prosail 40 CruiseFrom: $210
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate TourFrom: $85Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- All San Francisco Experiences
"The whole experience was really awesome. Pilot was super friendly, it was a beautiful day and I got ridiculous views of Monterey Bay and Big Sur. Would recommend to anyone- and there's a reason it's so popular!"
"Great experience! Fabulous co-pilot! Beautiful sites! I would highly recommend it! "
"The aircraft appeared to be in poor state of maintainance. On the first day the flight had to be abondened since the aircraft communication system failed. The rescheduled flight was generally satisfactory. "