Live Aboard Cruising
Alameda, CA, Pier 39 - San Francisco, CA
Select dates only
Click here for schedule
- Your U.S. Sailing Certified School has been providing sailing instruction for over 27 years
- Enjoy a 3-day course aboard a J/120 or similar sailboat
- Course designed for sailors comfortable sailing an auxiliary powered sailboat with knowledge of sailing, seamanship, basic navigation, and boat handling
- Receive personalized instruction with a maximum of only 4 participants per class!
This class is for the more advanced sailor. If you are moving up to a larger boat, interested in the shipboard life of passage-making and adventure sailing, or if you are wanting to bareboat charter, this course is for you.
During your 3 days aboard a J/120 or similar sailboat you will gain the confidence you need for offshore cruising and/or coastal cruising. You will create a float as a group on the first day, taking into consideration group and individual goals and current weather conditions.
Through this course, you will learn skills including:
- Advanced sail trim
- Advanced and electronic navigation
- Passage planning
- Weather analysis
- Night sailing
- Offshore safety gear
- Heavy weather tactics
- Seamanship skills
- The ability to comfortably sail an auxiliary powered sail boat is required
- Must possess knowledge of sailing, seamanship, basic navigation, and boat handling
- In order to obtain certifications you must already have the US Sailing Basic Keelboat Certification and a current US Sailing membership
- Course includes 1 certification
3 days and 2 nights: Typically Friday through Sunday
This class can hold a maximum of 4 sailors.
This experience is only for those on board.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear layered clothing, bring rain gear, and wear light, soft-soled shoes. In addition, it is recommended to bring a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and sailing gloves.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 30 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 30 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 30 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 103 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(37)From: $55
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4(10)From: $279
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(19)From: $160
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $220
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $85
- All San Francisco Experiences