San Francisco, CA
Daily - 8:30 AM
*Hotel pick-up is between 7:30 & 8:30 AM
- Tour provider has been featured in SF Weekly, The Examiner and are a member of the San Francisco Travel Association
- Spend the morning exploring the spectacular Redwood Sequoia trees at Muir Woods National Park
- Enjoy tastings at Sonoma and Napa Valley wineries while basking in the fresh Northern California air!
The California Wine Country is less than an hour drive away from San Francisco and it's one of the area's most beautiful and popular attractions.
This Muir Woods & Wine Country Tour is a great way to see both of these classic Bay area sites. You'll enjoy the morning exploring the spectacular Redwood Sequoia trees at Muir Woods, then relax in the afternoon while your guide introduces you to the California wine country.
Your tour includes 3 wine tastings and visits to wineries in Napa and Sonoma Valleys and you'll also stop at the famous Sonoma Plaza, spending 45 minutes or more at each stop. All of the wine tastings are included in the tour. Your day will end with an optional stop at the Golden Gate bridge for a scenic photo op.
Get away from it all and spend some time exploring giant Redwoods and sipping fine wines - the main ingredients to a classic Northern California day!
Take your wine country experience to the next level by indulging in an exclusive 3-course gourmet food and wine experience. This upgrade option includes a combination of delicious food paired with a collection of local wines in the renowned Sonoma Plaza. A one of a kind experience!
*See FAQ's for lunch and wine pairing menu
- Tour includes 3 wine tastings
- All participants must be at least 21 years of age with a valid photo ID
- Does not include any meals without the upgrade option
- The tour price does not include the Muir Woods entrance fee, which is $10 per person (based on 2017) and must be paid when you reach the entrance of the park
- It is recommeded to bring snacks, a bottle of water and cash for additional wine tasting at the Sonoma Plaza and for the park entrance fee
- Includes hotel pick-up and drop-off from hotels located Downtown and at Fisherman's Wharf
- Gratuity for your guide is not included but is appreciated if you enjoy your experience
- Your guide will provide narration in English, but Audio tours in various foreign languages are available upon request
Approximately 9 hours
There may be between 13 - 36 passengers depending upon tour vehicle used. For groups larger than 4 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is weather dependent, please contact your experience provider with any questions or concerns regarding weather.
What to Wear:
Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing appropriate for the weather. High heels, flip-flops, and open-toe shoes are not recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience, subject to a $35 fee per booking. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule within 72 hours of your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Are wine tasting included and how much money do I need for the additional wine tastings in Sonoma Plaza?
Yes, all wine tasting fees at the 3 winery stops are included on this tour. If you want to join additional wine tasting, please feel free to do that. The wine tasting fees range from $5 to $20 (subject to change).
Is the Muir Woods entrance fee included? And how long do we spend inside Muir Woods?
The tour price does not include the Muir Woods entrance fee, which is $10 per person (based on 2016) and must be paid when you reach the entrance of the park. You have about an hour on your own inside the Muir Woods National Monument.
Can we bring food on the tour?
Yes, you may certainly bring snacks or a lunch with you as it is an all-day tour. You'll also have the option to purchase food during the tour or choose the upgrade option and a gourmet lunch with wine pairing will be included. If you don't do the upgrade, you will have time to pick up lunch or sit down at a casual eatery at the Historic Sonoma Plaza.
What's on the menu with the lunch upgrade option?
First Course - Cheese Board
Second Course - Tomato Bisque, Classic Caesar Salad or Baby Mixed Greens
Main Course - Rigatoni Bolognese, Penne Pasta, Grilled Salmon, Cheeseburger or Chicken Breast Sandwich
NV Gloria Blanc de Noir, Sonoma
2015 Dry Creek Chenin Blanc, Healdsburg
2014 Dirty Pond Pinot Noir, Sonoma
I don't want to do the upgrade lunch option, what can I do instead?
You may venture out on your own and try one of the many cafes and restaurants located in the plaza. You will meet the rest of the group again after lunch.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 106 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(38)From: $60
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(18)From: $102
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $165
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(6)From: $90
- All San Francisco Experiences
"Ben was our driver and tour guide. He was friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient. Our day began and ended on time. Every moment was enjoyable. Ben is a real gem!!"
"The whole thing was amazing, especially our driver and very knowledgable tour guide Mark!!"
"My wife and I have been extremely pleased with our entire experience. We just had a blast on our Muir Woods and Wine Country Tour. Maybe it's a sad commentary on the times in which we live, but I can't stress enough, how impressed we've been with the friendly, knowledgeable and diligent customer service that we've experienced every step of the way. We'll go out of our way to recommend Cloud 9 to our friends and family. Keep up the great work."