Private Surfing Lesson
Daily - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
*Pending instructor availability
- Learn from experienced local surf instructors trained in life saving and CPR
- Your private instructor will customize your experience to your skill level
- For beginners to intermediates; this is a perfect experience for families & friends
- Surf Northern California's best beginner spots!
Envision yourself paddling into the perfect wave, standing up and riding all the way to the beach. That dream could come true after this Private Surfing Lesson!
Learn the fundamentals of surfing during your private surf lesson with your highly experienced instructor. First, you and your instructor will spend time on the beach going over the basics of surfing techniques and safety, including how to properly paddle and stand up on the board.
You'll then hit the waves with your instructor at your side and learn to paddle out and into waves, wave selection, and start learning to get up and ride waves.
Whether you are a beginner or just want to improve on your skills, this private surf lesson is a fun way to hit the waves!
- Equipment rental is an additional $40 for 3 hours or $50 all day and is to be paid upon check-in
- Equipment rental package includes board, wetsuit and booties
- Contact Cloud 9 Living to request kids lessons
- No experience necessary
Lessons last 1.5 hours total and consist of approximately 30 minutes of beach training and at least 1 hour of water time.
Private lessons can range from 1 surfer to a maximum of 8 surfers in a private group.
Spectators are allowed and should go to the surf store with the participant. From there, you will receive directions from the instructor as to which part of the beach the lesson will take place.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions prior to the lesson.
What to Wear:
Wear your bathing suit and bring a towel and change of clothes. Also, bring a wetsuit if you have one, if not, one can be provided at an additional cost.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Will I be cold if I try surfing in the winter? And how cold does it get?
Most people are surprised by how warm they feel in the winter with a good wetsuit and boots. The water temperature doesn't change much from summer to winter. The average summer water temp is about 56-58 degrees, whereas the average winter water temp is about 53-55 degrees. The coldest it gets is about 48 degrees and that's almost always in the spring when the NW winds are the strongest. The water temperatures are usually warmest in July or August, after a long stretch of high overcast skies and glassy conditions. Summer water temps can reach 60 degrees.
Is there anything I can do to prepare for surfing?
Yes. Lie on the ground as if you were lying on a surfboard and try to jump to your feet, keeping your hands on the ground. You want your front foot to land in between your hands. Push-ups are good to build strength, and yoga is good for flexibility and body awareness.
Can I surf with contact lenses?
Yes, in fact, our instructor uses contacts every time he surfs. It would be difficult to catch waves without them. Generally, contacts are only lost when eyes are opened under water.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 106 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(38)From: $60
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(18)From: $102
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $165
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(6)From: $90
- All San Francisco Experiences