Pier 39 - San Francisco, CA
March through Mid-March:
Friday, Saturday & Sunday - 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM
Mid-March through May:
Daily - 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM
June through August:
Daily - 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM
Daily - 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM
November through Mid-December:
Friday, Saturday & Sunday - 1:00 PM
- The sailing provider has been offering world class tours of the San Francisco bay since 1991
- 55 foot catamaran is complete with a 360-degree, protected viewing area for those who want to enjoy the view but not the breezes
- Sail by historic Alcatraz Island, under the Golden Gate Bridge, and along the spectacular San Francisco city skyline with the possibility of siting a colony of sea lions!
Experience San Francisco's uncontested urban beauty from an Adventure Cat catamaran on the invigorating Pacific waters of San Francisco Bay. Sail away from the urban feel of the city and experience all of San Francisco's excitement from a vantage point on the sea.
On your scenic cruise around the Bay, you'll sail by historic Alcatraz Island, sail under the Golden Gate Bridge, and have the opportunity to take plenty of photos of the breath-taking San Francisco city skyline. You may even pass by a colony of grunting sea lions or even spot some whales!
Since 1991, your provider has been cruising the San Francisco Bay, giving world class tours and delighting 1000's of passengers young and old.
Your 55 foot catamaran is complete with a 360-degree, protected viewing area for those who don't like the wind in their faces as well as canvas trampolines and nets where you can experience the ocean and sights in the open sea air.
You'll experience a view of the city and surrounding areas like you've never seen!
- Life jackets are available on board for children and adults
- Snacks, beer, wine and soft drinks can be purchased on board with cash or credit, no outside beverages are allowed on board
Up to 48 passengers
The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but your experience provider may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If your provider cancels the event, you will be allowed to reschedule your experience or receive credit for a future event.
What to Wear:
Participants are advised to wear jeans, a tee-shirt or sweatshirt, tennis shoes and to bring a jacket. If it's a special occasion, you can certainly dress up, just note that soft-soled shoes are recommended. Jackets are available on board, but yours will be much more stylish.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation all bookings are final.
What is the difference between a catamaran and a real sailboat?
A catamaran has two hulls instead of one, the result is a more stable ride. It's like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Dune Buggy.
Will I get seasick?
Since catamarans are more stable, most people don't have any problems. However, if you are very susceptible to sickness, you may want to take seasick pills or wear a patch.
Will I get wet?
If you're outside on the trampolines, there is a pretty good chance you'll get wet. If you really don't want to get wet, you can stay in the cabin. With a 360 degree view, you won't miss a single thing.
How fast does the Adventure Cat 2 go?
Under sail, the average speed is 8-12 knots (approximately 9-13 MPH).
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 100 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseFrom: $55Avg Rating of: 5(31)
- Learn to Fly Big SurFrom: $279Avg Rating of: 4(7)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Gourmet Chocolate TourFrom: $55Avg Rating of: 5(5)
- Champagne Brunch CruiseFrom: $97Avg Rating of: 5(10)
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseFrom: $156Avg Rating of: 4(16)
- America's Cup SailingFrom: $140Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate TourFrom: $85Avg Rating of: 5(4)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395
- All San Francisco Experiences
"The boat was very clean and tidy. The main captain with the Aussie accent was right on top of everything and very friendly, as were the other two in training. He showed a lot of patience. Thank you so much."
"From booking the experience to going on the cruise, this was amazing. By far one of the best gifts I've received!!!"
"Beautiful day sailing the San Francisco Bay, especially going under the bridge! Great staff and reasonable prices on food and drink! Very memorable!"