San Francisco Catamaran Cruise
Pier 39; San Francisco, CA
Late February - Mid March; Weekends only
Mid March - October; Daily
November; Weekends only
* Tours leave at 1pm and 3pm.
- Providing world class tours of the San Fransisco bay since 1991
- 55 foot catamaran is complete with a 360-degree, protected viewing area for those who want to enjoy the view but not the breezes
- Sail by historic Alcatraz Island, under the Golden Gate Bridge, and along the spectacular San Francisco city skyline while possibly seeing a colony of sea lions
Experience San Francisco's uncontested urban beauty from an Adventure Cat catamaran on the invigorating Pacific waters of San Francisco Bay. Sail away from the urban feel of the city and experience all of San Francisco's excitement from a vantage point on the sea.
On your scenic cruise around the Bay, you'll sail by historic Alcatraz Island, get a unique view as you sail under the Golden Gate Bridge lit up at night, take plenty of photos of the breath-taking San Francisco city skyline and pass by a colony of grunting sea loins or even spot some whales.
Since 1991, your provider has been cruising the San Francisco Bay, giving world class tours and delighting 1000's of passengers young and old.
Your 55 foot catamaran is complete with a 360-degree, protected viewing area for those who don't like the wind in their faces as well as canvas trampoline nets where you can experience the ocean and sights in the open sea air.
You'll experience a view of the city and surrounding areas like you've never seen!
You can purchase snacks or beer, wine, and soft drinks at our on-board bar with cash or a credit card.
Life jackets are available on board for each passenger on board, both kids and adults.
Up to 48 passengers
The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but your may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If your provider cancels the event, you will be allowed to reschedule your experience or receive credit for a future event.
What to Wear:
You are advised to wear jeans, a tee-shirt or sweatshirt, tennis shoes and take a jacket. If it's a special occasion, you can always get all dressed up. Jackets are available on board, but yours are much more stylish.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance
All bookings for this experience are final. No refunds or exchanges are allowed once you have a confirmed reservation.
What is the difference between a catamaran and a real sailboat?
A catamaran has two hulls instead of one. The result is a more stable ride like a Rolls Royce compared to a Dune Buggy.
Will I get seasick?
Probably not. Since we are a more stable ride most people don't have any problems. If you are very susceptible you may want to get a patch or some seasick pills.
Will I get wet?
If you're outside on the trampolines, there is a pretty good chance you'll get wet. If you really don't want to get wet, you can stay in the cabin. With a 360 degree view, you won't miss a single thing.
How fast does the Adventure Cat 2 go?
Under sail, the average speed is 8-12 knots.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 99 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseFrom: $70Avg Rating of: 5(16)
- Learn to Fly Big SurFrom: $305Avg Rating of: 4(6)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- Gourmet Chocolate TourFrom: $70Avg Rating of: 5(7)
- Champagne Brunch CruiseFrom: $110Avg Rating of: 5(5)
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseFrom: $155Avg Rating of: 4(6)
- America's Cup SailingFrom: $165
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate TourFrom: $95Avg Rating of: 5(7)
- Napa Food TourFrom: $95Avg Rating of: 4-half(14)
- All San Francisco Experiences
"Booked a catamaran cruise around San Francisco bay, and from the booking process through to the experience itself everything was excellent, had a lovely cruise around the bay and under the golden gate bridge, took some amazing photographs, and full marks to the guys on board who looked after us. Excellent experience all round, would certainly reconmend."
"Had a great time! Captain and crew were friendly and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend this experience to others!"
"This catamaran sailing was the best cruise ever. Very friendly and customer oriented individuals. Knowledge and timing was very accurate. I will recommend to friends going to San Francisco!!! I took my brother and his wife with us and they were thrilled and want to do it again!!! "