Pier 39 - San Francisco, CA
March through Mid-March:
Friday, Saturday & Sunday - 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM
Mid-March through May:
Daily - 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM
June through August:
Daily - 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM
Daily - 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM
November through Mid-December:
Friday, Saturday & Sunday - 1:00 PM
Explore one of San Francisco's most magnificent features in a purely relaxing way. Hop aboard the SF Catamaran Cruise for an unforgettable boat tour of the Bay Area's beautiful waters!
- Relish the excitement of departing from the Fisherman's Wharf area — one of the city's most vibrant hot spots for locals and tourists alike!
- Traverse the water for 90 minutes on an impressive 55-foot catamaran, complete with a cash bar for snack and beverage purchases.
- Sail beside iconic San Francisco attractions like historic Alcatraz Island and the Golden Gate Bridge as you take in the spectacular city skyline!
- A comfortable protected viewing area is available for those who wish to enjoy more of the scenery and less of the breeze.
- The sailing provider has been offering world-class boat tours of the San Francisco Bay since 1991.
Experience the uncontested beauty of 'The City by the Bay' from the enticing decks of the San Francisco Catamaran Cruise! Embrace SF's breathtaking cityscape and legendary landmarks from the unique vantage point of invigorating Pacific waters.
Cruise from San Francisco's famed Fisherman's Wharf area — a lively urban hub known for its eclectic food, entertainment, shops, and congregation of sea lions. Step aboard a 55-foot catamaran with multiple seating options, perfect for your favorite type of SF sightseeing. Snag a spot on the boat's unique deck trampolines. Their sturdy netting allows for exhilarating viewing opportunities as turquoise waves rush under your feet. They also double wonderfully as the ideal location for lounging in the sun on a nice, warm day.
Prefer a break from the wind and waves? Duck into the San Francisco Catamaran Cruise's protected cabin area. You'll find a cozy atmosphere with comfortable seating and 360-degree views, as well as a cash bar! Grab a snack, soda, beer or wine — then kick back, relax, and enjoy the ride as you marvel at famed SF attractions from all angles.
Your scenic SF cruise will give you unrivaled perspectives of celebrated landmarks on the Bay that some only dream of viewing close-up! Sail around the historic Alcatraz Island, admiring its architecture and wondering at the tales it surely has to tell. Traverse past the Gold Rush's prized Fort Point. Ready to have your breath absolutely taken away. Get your camera ready because cruising under the renowned Golden Gate Bridge is next, with countless photo opps of the city's skyline also available! And the unique San Francisco sightseeing doesn't stop there! Keep your eyes peeled for animated wildlife that may happen to be passing by, like a dolphin racing the boat, a colony of grunting sea lions, or maybe even a whale sighting!
Since 1991, your provider has been offering world-class cruises from San Francisco, delighting thousands of passengers both young and old. So step aboard! Grab a headset to hear a fascinating narration of renowned sights. Relax on the outside trampoline decks with a refreshing beverage. Or visit the captain, take the helm, and help steer this thrilling SF cruise across its route!
Experience for yourself why the San Francisco Catamaran Cruise is one of the most unforgettable things to do in SF!
- Life jackets are available on board for children and adults
- Snacks, beer, wine and soft drinks can be purchased on board with cash or credit, no outside beverages are allowed on board
Up to 48 passengers
The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but your experience provider may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If your provider cancels the event, you will be allowed to reschedule your experience or receive credit for a future event.
What to Wear:
Participants are advised to wear jeans, a tee-shirt or sweatshirt, tennis shoes and to bring a jacket. If it's a special occasion, you can certainly dress up, just note that soft-soled shoes are recommended. Jackets are available on board, but yours will be much more stylish.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation all bookings are final.
What is the difference between a catamaran and a real sailboat?
A catamaran has two hulls instead of one, the result is a more stable ride. It's like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Dune Buggy.
Will I get seasick?
Since catamarans are more stable, most people don't have any problems. However, if you are very susceptible to sickness, you may want to take seasick pills or wear a patch.
Will I get wet?
If you're outside on the trampolines, there is a pretty good chance you'll get wet. If you really don't want to get wet, you can stay in the cabin. With a 360 degree view, you won't miss a single thing.
How fast does the Adventure Cat 2 go?
Under sail, the average speed is 8-12 knots (approximately 9-13 MPH).
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 104 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(37)From: $55
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $220
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $85
- All San Francisco Experiences
"The boat was very clean and tidy. The main captain with the Aussie accent was right on top of everything and very friendly, as were the other two in training. He showed a lot of patience. Thank you so much."
"From booking the experience to going on the cruise, this was amazing. By far one of the best gifts I've received!!!"
"Beautiful day sailing the San Francisco Bay, especially going under the bridge! Great staff and reasonable prices on food and drink! Very memorable!"