Stand Up Paddle Boarding
Alameda, CA or San Mateo, CA
March through October
Saturdays - 9:00 AM
San Mateo, CA
March through October
Sundays - 9:00 AM
- Voted 'Best of the Bay' by San Francisco Magazine, and 'Best New School' by Windsurfing Magazine
- Follow in the footsteps of ancient surfers and Hawaiian surf instructors as you learn to paddle, balance and surf on flat or small waves
- Surfing experience is not necessary and Paddle Boarding is fun for people of all ages and skill levels!
Stand Up Paddle Boarding traces its roots back to Polynesia and ancient surfing. Surf instructors in Hawaii started using SUPs in the 1960's as a way to better view the incoming waves and their surf students at Wai Ki Ki beach.
In the early 2000's, big wave surfers like Laird Hamilton started cross training with SUP when the surf was down. Today SUP is a rapidly growing global sport and a great way for anyone to have fun on the water!
This 1.5-hour lesson will introduce you to the sport and teach you the techniques and skills you'll need to be able to maintain balance and catch some waves!
- No experience necessary
- Must be at least 12 years or older to participate
- Participants under the age of 18 must have parent/legal guardian consent and waiver form signed upon arrival
- All necessary gear and wet suits will be provided
This experience will last 1.5 hours.
No maximum; however, there is a student-to-instructor ratio of 4-to-1
Family and friends are encouraged to watch and take pictures!
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear a bathing suit and t-shirt or rash guard and it is recommended to bring a towel, sunblock, hat, sunglasses, and change of clothes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges or cancellations are allowed. However, you may reschedule your experience prior to your booked date.
Is Stand Up Paddle Boarding easy to learn?
Yes. You can learn the basics in 1 hour and is suitable for anyone.
Do I need to know how to surf?
No. It would help if you want to ride waves, but it is certainly not a prerequisite.
Is Stand Up Paddle Boarding safe?
Yes, your certified instructors will determine the safest site and conditions to teach at and will be there to help every step of the way.
How old do I need to be to Paddle Board?
The Stand Up Paddle class is for ages 12 and up. Participants under the age of 18 must have parent/legal guardian consent and waiver form signed upon arrival.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 104 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(38)From: $60
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $90
- All San Francisco Experiences