Pier 39 - San Francisco, CA
Mid-February through Mid-March:
Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays - Sunset
Mid-March through October:
Daily - Sunset
November through Mid-December:
Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays - Sunset
*Cruises leave at various times, depending on the time of year and sunset.
Experience the breathtaking beauty of the Bay Area from the romantic, unique perspective of the San Francisco Sunset Catamaran Cruise!
- Skim across Pacific waters on a majestic 55-foot catamaran, departing from the Fisherman's Wharf area for the perfect date night.
- This remarkable cruise from SF includes two complimentary beverages, light hors d'oeuvres, and brilliant scenery.
- Marvel at the warm glow of the setting sun, as the 1.5-hour cruise makes its way past famed San Francisco attractions like Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Cozy up in the ship's cabin area adorned with intimate tables, comfortable seating and brilliant 360-degree views of the city's sparkling skyline.
- The sailing provider has been offering world-class cruises from San Francisco since 1991.
Feel the excitement of the night approaching as you escape for a romantic evening aboard the San Francisco Sunset Catamaran Cruise. Marvel at the city's dazzling skyline as you journey across the tranquil Pacific waters of the Bay Area for an unforgettable outing.
Get swept up in the magic of the evening as the 55-foot catamaran leaves the vibrant hustle and bustle of SF's Fisherman's Wharf behind. The enthusiastic barking of the harbor area's sea lions grows softer as the boat cruises from San Francisco's shoreline, towards the famed Alcatraz Island. Marvel at the landmark's unique history as a lighthouse, military fort and prison while your SF cruise makes its way around it, with Angel Island and Treasure Island on the not-too-distant horizon.
As the sun seems to slowly sink below the magnificent expanse of ocean, enjoy the fresh air of the Bay from the sturdy netting of the boat's unique canvas trampoline deck. Water splashes beneath you as the San Francisco Catamaran Cruise cuts across waves, steering past the twinkling lights of the cityscape against the darkening sky.
Find your way into the cabin space, where 360-degree views and a cozy ambiance await. Intimate tables and plush seating make for the perfect place to enjoy two complimentary beverages (beer, wine or soda) and light hors d'oeurves, as you take in the scenery from the comfort of indoors. Additional beverages are available for purchase from the boat's cash bar, should you wish to wet your whistle a bit more.
Kick back and relax as the catamaran glides out to one of the most iconic San Francisco attractions of all time, the Golden Gate Bridge. With the lighting of this spectacular structure against the night sky, nothing quite compares to seeing it stretch 1.7 miles across the vast waters of the strait, as you pass beneath it. Enjoy countless photo opps as the bridge takes your breath away!
Trust your romantic evening aboard the San Francisco Catamaran Cruise to a company who has been offering Bay Area boat tours since 1991! With a top-notch crew catering to guests of all ages, it's no wonder this outing has become one of the most talked about things to do in SF, among both locals and visitors alike.
Step aboard to experience the magic for yourself. Then hop off 90 minutes later with the most memorable San Francisco stories to share.
- Life jackets will be available on board for both children and adults
- Sail includes light hors d'oeuvres and two complimentary drinks
- Snacks may include spinach dip in a sour dough bread bowl, pico de gallo with chips, party mix, brie cheese and crackers, and fresh fruit
- Additional drinks and snacks are available for purchase at the on-board bar using cash or credit
Up to 48 passengers
This experience is only for those on board the boat
The sail will usually run during light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the experience provider may cancel the sail up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions on the day of the sail. In the event of a cancelled sail, participants are able to reschedule directly with the experience provider.
What to Wear:
Participants are advised to bring a jacket, wear pants or jeans, a tee-shirt or sweatshirt, and tennis shoes. If it's a special occasion, you can always get dressed up, but note that rubber-soled shoes are recommended. Jackets may also be available on board if needed.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation all bookings are final.
Can I purchase snacks and beverages on board?
The Sunset Catamaran Cruise includes lights hors d'oeuvres and two complimentary drinks per passenger. You can always purchase additional drinks or snacks with cash or credit. No outside beverages may be brought on board.
Will I get seasick?
A catamaran has two hulls instead of one. The result is a uniquely stable and quiet ride without a loud engine noise. Since catamarans are more stable, most people don't have any problems. However, if you are very susceptible to sickness, you may want to take seasick pills or wear a patch.
Will I get wet?
If you are outside on the trampolines, there is a pretty good chance you will get wet. For passengers who want to avoid getting wet, you can stay in the cabin and still witness a 360-degree view.
How fast does the Adventure Cat 2 go?
Under sail, the average speed is 8-12 knots (approximately 9-13 miles per hour).
Is there a bathroom aboard the catamaran?
Yes, there is a clean bathroom on the boat.
Do you have life jackets for adults and for kids?
Yes, there will be life jackets available for adults and kids.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 106 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(38)From: $60
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $279
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(18)From: $102
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $165
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(6)From: $90
- All San Francisco Experiences
"Really enjoyed the sunset cruise! Staff was great!"
"It was even better than I had anticipated that it would be. I know San Francisco and the Bay, and this was a wonderful experience even for the non-tourist."
"I didn't know that the boat ride was open to large groups of tourists to also book the same ride. It was fine, but the boat was packed, and we didn't expect to be sharing it because it's not really mentioned anywhere. "