Tomales Bay Kayak Tour
San Francisco, CA
Click here for schedule
- Learn the basics from the Bay Area's outdoor education leader with over 21 years of experience
- View wildlife ranging from colorful sea stars to majestic Thule Elk roaming the hillsides
- Enjoy one of the largest protected bay and coastal areas in California!
Experience one of the premier paddling destinations in California on this guided kayak tour of Tomales Bay and Point Reyes.
Wildlife flourishes in this beautiful Northern California setting. Colorful sea stars slide beneath your kayak while majestic Thule Elk roam the hillsides.
One of the largest protected bay and coastal areas in California, this kayaker's paradise is a short distance from San Francisco and the Bay Area.
Launching from Nick's Cove, you will paddle in stable double sea kayaks past Hog Island, to the White Cliffs of Tomales Bay, a unique geological formation similar to the White Cliffs of Dover. You will then stop for lunch on a pristine beach that is only accessible by small watercraft.
This kayak trip is appropriate for beginner and intermediate paddlers in good physical condition.
- No experience necessary
- This kayak trip is appropriate for beginner and intermediate paddlers in good physical condition
- All equipment is included (including kayak, paddles and life jacket)
The duration of this tour is approximately 5 hours (may vary due to tides).
The group size will vary.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
It is recommended to wear synthetic, wool, or silk clothing and swimsuit, shorts, jacket & warm cap rather than cotton. It is also recommended to bring sunscreen, sunglasses, water shoes or sport sandals, a change of clothes, towel, bottle of water and lunch (sandwich, fruit, energy bars).
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 103 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(37)From: $55
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 4(11)From: $279
- Gourmet Chocolate TourAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $55
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $100
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $160
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $220
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $239
- America's Cup SailingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $140
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $85
- All San Francisco Experiences