Sonoma Valley, CA
Daily - Sunrise
- Fly with a FAA Certified Pilot with years of experience
- Float over the treetops and beyond and revel in the beauty of the winding Russian River and vineyards of Sonoma Valley
- Capture the lasting memory with an in-flight photo
- Upon landing enjoy a delicious farm-to-table gourmet breakfast at the renowned Healdsburg Shed Cafe
Your experience will begin with coffee and pastries at the award winning Healdsburg Shed Cafe in Sonoma Valley. After a brief pilot orientation you'll be taken to the day's best launch site for your hot air balloon ride!
As you arrive at the launch site, you'll be greeted by a bustle of activity - the hum of inflator fans, the lively colors of state-of-the-art balloons, and the roar of the burners. Once the balloon is standing upright it's time to climb in and take off!
Gently, the balloon will float into the early morning breeze and usher you up and away. Before you realize it you'll be air born delighting in the majestic countryside below. You'll take in views of the beautiful vineyards and the winding Russian River. If the weather is just right you may even see the Pacific Ocean and San Francisco 60 miles away!
Above it all, your experienced and knowledgeable pilot will share stories about ballooning and it's history as well as point out areas of interest from the local region.
Once you're back on the ground, your flight will be celebrated with a champagne toast and farm-to-table gourmet breakfast at the renowned Healdsburg Shed Cafe.
The memories from this experience will last a lifetime!
- Participants must be at least 7 years of age and be at least 48 inches tall
- Children must be accompanied by a legal guardian
- There is a weight limit of 275 lbs per individual
- Because the basket is designed for a limited number of passengers, individuals weighing more than 250 lbs must contact Cloud 9 Living for specific details; additional charges may apply
- Expecting mothers are not permitted to fly
- In-flight photo is included
This experience will be about 4-5 hours total with approximately 1 hour of flight time.
The balloon baskets are certified to carry 6, 12 or 16 passengers, but they are rarely filled to capacity in order to leave space for added comfort.
Spectators are allowed but arrangements must be made with your experience provider prior to your flight.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions and shoes you can wear in a field or vineyard. We also recommend dressing in layers and bringing sunglasses and/or a brimmed hat, and don't forget your camera!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 2 weeks in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, you may cancel or reschedule with your experience provider a minimum of 72 hours prior to your scheduled flight. In the event your flight is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will have the option of rescheduling your flight or exchanging for another experience through Cloud 9 Living.
Why do you fly so early in the morning?
Balloons fly best in cool, calm, stable air which in Sonoma is usually just after sunrise.
What are hot air balloons made of?
The envelope is typically constructed with fire-treated nylon or dacron that meet specific manufacturer requirements. This material is lightweight but very strong. The baskets are made of rattan, each one individually woven by hand onto a rigid frame.
How high do balloons fly?
Most balloonists enjoy low-level flight. The typical balloon flight would be anywhere from tree level to approximately 2,000 ft.
How is the balloon steered?
The balloon is not "steered" in the conventional sense. The balloon moves with the direction of the wind. However, winds tend to stratify in differing directions and altitudes. A balloonist uses these varying currents to guide the balloon to an appropriate landing site.
Does it get cold in the balloon? What should I wear?
The coldest part of your morning will be on the ground! Come dressed in comfortable layered clothing. Walking shoes and a hat are also recommended and of course don't forget your camera.
Is ballooning safe?
Yes, statistically flight is the safest form of transportation and ballooning is statistically the safest form of flight. Our experience provider has skilled and experienced pilots with impeccable safety records so you are in good hands.
Do passengers ever get sick?
No, becuase the balloon moves at the same speed and direction as the wind, passengers experience no sense of motion.
Is breakfast served?
Upon arrival at check-in, enjoy coffee and pastries. Then, upon landing, enjoy a traditional champagne toast and gourmet breakfast at Healdsburg Shed Cafe.
Other San Jose Gift Ideas:(View all 39 San Jose experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly Big SurAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $279
- Learn to Fly Bay TourAvg Rating of: 3-half(3)From: $279
- Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $239
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $160
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $100
- Bioluminescent Kayak Adventure in Tomales BayFrom: $75
- Zipline AdventureAvg Rating of: 4(3)From: $90
- Zipline and Moaning Cavern AdventureFrom: $175
- All San Jose Experiences