San Juan Island, WA- Friday Harbor
Select dates. June - August.
Click here for schedule.
- Your guides have over 25 years experience and were a 2009 recipient of National Geographic Adventure Travel Magazine's "200 Best Adventure Travel" award
- Enjoy 3 days kayaking around the San Juan Islands and two nights relaxing with award winning wines expertly paired with gourmet cuisine
- Take in the breathtaking scenery as you view Orca whales, bald eagles, and more on this all-inclusive camping trip on an island only accessible by boat!
Experience an unforgettable three day adventure with sublime paddling, wildlife viewing, eating gourmet meals and award winning Northwest wine tasting.
Day One - You will meet your group on San Juan Island and have a thorough orientation covering the fitting of the kayak, paddling technique, safety and boat handling. On the first day, you'll work your way northward, kayaking along the picturesque east side of the island. You'll keep a sharp eye out for wildlife including eagles, harbor seals, and dall porpoise. As you look to the east, you'll have incredible views of Mt. Baker. When you reach Jones Island, your destination for the night, you'll set up camp. Your guide will prepare dinner while you relax by the fire with a glass of wine and gourmet appetizers.
Day Two - The next morning, your guide will be up early to make sure the great tasting 'Orca blend' coffee (or tea) is ready, in addition to whipping up a freshly made Dutch oven frittata accompanied with fresh seasonal fruits. You'll choose your paddling voyage for the day - paddle through the "Wasps", a delightful collection of small islands tucked between Shaw and Orcas Islands, or paddle up President's channel along the cliffy, rough side of Orcas for the day. Back at camp for the evening, your guide will cook another gourmet, tastefully prepared meal with wine pairings. After dinner you may hike around Jones, go for a bio-luminescence paddle or just kick back and relax around the fire at camp.
Day Three - After breakfast, you'll break camp, load the boats and paddle south back to the put-in site. The final lunch will be on Turn Island, a small pristine island with a resident eagle's nest. When you arrive at take-out on San Juan Island, you'll have a van pick you up and take you back to Friday Harbor.
- Participants must be at least 21 years of age
- All kayak gear, meals, tents, dry bags are included
- Transportation between Friday Harbor and the launch location is provided
- Lodging: Camping is included in this package. Details will be provided at the time of booking.
3 days and 2 nights.
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 12 per tour. For groups larger than 4 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
We go rain or shine so dress appropriately.
What to Wear:
Outfitter will provide gear and packing list at time of booking.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation no refunds will be given; however, cancellations made at least 45 days prior to the Experience will incur a cancellation fee of $30, with the remaining balance to be applied to another future booking of a Cloud 9 Living Experience of the participant's choice. Cancellations made 21-45 days prior to the Experience will incur a cancellation fee of $184.50, with the remaining balance to be applied to another future booking of a Cloud 9 Living Experience of the participant's choice. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 21 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other Seattle Gift Ideas:(View all 35 Seattle experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $175
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 4-half(6)From: $220
- Gourmet Seattle Food & Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $84
- Chocolate Indulgence TourAvg Rating of: 5(6)From: $62
- Food Tour of Pike Place MarketAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $51
- Lake Union Date Night CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $285
- Lake Union Sunset CruiseFrom: $94
- San Juan Island Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $108
- Indoor SkydivingFrom: $66
- All Seattle Experiences