Clearwater Airpark - Clearwater, FL
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Experienced FAA-Certified Flight Instructor will teach you the basics of flying and walk through a pre-flight inspection prior to your flight
- Take controls of the "Porsche of general aviation" the Cirrus SR22
- Enjoy beautiful views of the Florida coast beneath you on this approximately 45-minute flight
- No experience necessary!
Enjoy the thrill of flight when you take the controls of the "Porsche of general aviation" and Learn to Fly in Tampa!
Your personal flight lesson will begin with ground school instruction with your FAA-Certified Flight Instructor and a pre-flight inspection of the plane. Learn the basics of the state-of-the-art glass cockpit, side stick controls, and safety features before boarding.
After taxing the runway the real adventure begins! Once you take-off and reach a safe altitude, you'll take the controls of the high performance Cirrus SR22 for the majority of the flight. Your flight instructor will teach you the basic maneuvers of flying including how to turn, climb and descend. Practice your new skills for up to 45-minutes while also taking in the beautiful scenery of the crystal clear waters below.
When your feet are firmly planted on the ground, feel free to take photos with your pilot and plane.
Prepare for a memorable experience and come learn to fly!
- Students under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Participants are required to bring a valid photo ID
- Maximum individual weight per student or passenger is 280 pounds
You can expect to be at the airport for approximately 1.5-2 hours, with an approximate flight time of 45 minutes.
1 student and up to 1 passenger depending on the option selected. Weight restrictions may apply.
Spectators are welcome to take photos at the airport and view the take-off and landing.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event of inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the pilot. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and/or rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Do I need experience?
No experience is necessary! Your flight lesson is customized to your comfort level.
What do I need to bring with me?
Please bring a valid government issued form of ID.
Are there weight restrictions?
The maximum weight per passenger is 280 pounds.
Other Tampa Gift Ideas:(View all 25 Tampa experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(9)From: $99
- St. Petersburg Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(12)From: $55
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $190
- Learn to Fly a CirrusFrom: $179
- Zipline Canopy AdventureFrom: $74
- Tampa Sunset Heli Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(4)From: $318
- Tandem Hang GlidingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $175
- Tandem SkydivingFrom: $234
- Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $196
- All Tampa Experiences