1 Day Surf Camp
Virginia Beach, VA
June - August:
Mondays & Tuesdays - 8:00 AM
- Surf Academy director, Seth Broudy, is a former professional who once defeated World Champion Kelly Slater
- 1-day camp offers a 4-hour introduction to surfing
- Practice sitting on the board, looking for the perfect wave and applying your newly learned surf techniques
- Great for beginners or any surfers looking for a refresher course!
There's nothing like catching a wave for the first time and feeling that instant rush of adrenaline! Begin your surfing career in Virginia Beach with a 1 Day Surf Camp!
With an experienced surf instructor you'll spend 4 hours learning about ocean awareness and safety, currents, surfing etiquette, equipment, paddling and the pop-up technique.
Head to the water after beach training to spend time sitting on the surfboard, looking for the perfect wave and applying the techniques you learned on land. No experience is necessary and all equipment will be provided.
The 1 day surf camp in Virginia Beach is perfect for first time surfers or anyone wanting a refresher course!
- Participants must be at least 6 years old
- No experience necessary
- Surfers of all skill levels are welcome, beginner to advanced
- All equipment is provided including surfboard, leash and wetsuit (if needed)
- Participants should be in moderate to healthy physical condition as surfing can be strenuous
- Participants must be able to swim
Approximately 4 hours
Up to 20 people per class; please contact Cloud 9 Living for pricing for groups of more than 6 participants.
Spectators are welcome to watch the lesson from the beach.
This surf camp will run in most weather conditions. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Participants should wear a swimsuit and bring a towel and change of clothes. Sunscreen is recommended. If needed, wet suits are available.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Do I need surfing experience?
No, participants of all skill levels are welcome!
Do I need to know how to swim?
Yes, basic swimming skills are required.
Are there any age restrictions?
Yes, participants must be at least 6 years old. This camp is open to both adults and kids learning to surf.
What do I need to bring?
It is recommended to bring a towel, sunscreen and a snack.
What happens if it rains?
This surf camp will run in most weather conditions. In the event of lightning or bad weather, camp will be rescheduled directly with your instructor.
What if the water is cold?
Wet suits are available upon request.
Other Virginia Beach Gift Ideas:(View all 31 Virginia Beach experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Norfolk Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(2)From: $94
- Norfolk Sunday Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 2-half(1)From: $60
- Scenic Biplane Ride for 2 - Outer BanksFrom: $198
- Aerobatic Biplane Adventure for 2 - Outer BanksFrom: $397
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $58
- Norfolk Lunch CruiseFrom: $60
- Virginia Beach Food TourFrom: $61
- Downtown Norfolk Food TourFrom: $67
- Williamsburg Winery TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $99
- All Virginia Beach Experiences