Richmond International Raceway - Richmond, VA
Select Dates Only:
Friday - May 26, 2017
Sunday - May 28, 2017
Friday - August 4, 2017
Sunday - August 6, 2017
- School started by the legendary Mario Andretti, arguably the greatest race car driver of all time
- Full size, 600 horsepower Indy style race cars
- No lead car and passing is allowed
- Receive a full color certificate printed with your top speed
- Options ranging from 8 - 32 minutes of racing, don't worry, even 8 minutes is a long time at 100 MPH!
Following the drivers meeting and safety training with your crew chief, you'll get behind the wheel and drive a full size, Indy-style race car for a timed session on the same super speedways the pros races on.
You can truly push your limits during this once in a lifetime driving experience. There will be no lead car or pace car to hold you back, and passing is allowed! These conditions make for an authentic Indy car experience.
You'll get one on one feedback and instruction from your personal racing instructor through an exclusive racing electronics in-car radio communications system.
Upon completion, you'll receive a full color graduate certificate printed with your top speed!
Add a Ride Along
Select one of our options that includes a 3 Lap Ride Along and let a professional driver show you the full potential of these amazing Indy style race cars, as he takes you on the ride of your life! The perfect addition for any driving package!
Richmond International Raceway
Known as "America's Premier Short Track", Richmond International Raceway hosted an IZOD Indy Car Series race every June until 2009. This 0.75-mile, D-shaped, oval track has 14 degree turns, a 1,290 foot front stretch and an 860 foot back stretch guaranteed to give you the thrill of your life!
- Participants must be between 5' - 6'4" tall, weigh between 100 - 250 pounds and be in good overall physical condition
- A valid drivers license is required
- Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must give written consent
- Participants do not need to know how to drive manual transmission (stick shift)
- Pricing includes a $35 drivers fee that covers accidental insurance coverage, racing license, ear buds, and releases you from liability for any vehicle damage
- Feel free to bring drinks and snacks to enjoy while at the track
- Some seating is provided, however, it's recommended to bring lawn chairs to guarantee a seat for any spectators
All driving experiences will be completed within 3 hours.
1 per car
Yes, we encourage you to bring friends and family to share in the experience. And don't forget to bring a camera!
If we have inclement weather and have to cancel, the experience provider will contact you and either reschedule you for another available date or issue you a gift card that you can use to reschedule at your convenience. A refund will not be issued due to rainouts.
What to Wear:
Comfortable, casual clothes depending on the time of year as your clothing will be worn under a driving suit. Wear closed toe shoes, tennis shoes are recommended.
For this experience we recommend booking at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation all bookings are final. No refunds or exchanges are allowed once you have scheduled a date. If you need to reschedule, you have up until 30 days prior to your reservation to make changes for a $50 administrative fee. Once you are within 30 days of the event, you are then locked in to that date and time and no changes can be made.
What is the age requirement?
All participants must possess a valid driver's license. Any participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must give written consent at the track.
Are there any physical requirements or restrictions?
Participants must be a minimum of 5'0'' and 100 pounds in order to participate, a maximum of 6'4" and 250 pounds, and must also be in good overall physical condition. Participants will be required to climb into the vehicle's cockpit with minimal assistance which sits about 24'' off the ground.
Do I have to know how to drive stick shift?
It is recommended, but not required. You will have to shift from low to high gear.
How will the program be structured?
Following a one-hour pre-drive orientation/training session with the driving school's Crew Chief and professional instructors, you'll drive a real Indy-style race car on a Super Speedway for a timed session. Total drive-time will depend on the lap-length program purchased. For this experience, there is no lead car utilized and and no instructor in the car with you! You will have constant, 2-way communication with a professional racing instructor through a state-of-the-art, in-car racing electronics radio system. Upon completion, you'll receive a full-color, Graduate Certificate with your top speed proudly displayed on it.
What happens if I wreck a car?
The price includes a $35 fee for racing license and liability insurance. This releases you from all vehicle damage.
Is passing allowed?
Yes. If you come up on a slower race car, track personnel will assist you around the slower portion(s) of the group, using techniques and instructions covered in your pre-drive orientation session.
Can I choose my own racecar?
No. Unfortunately, the driving school cannot guarantee which exact cars will be at the track on a given date, nor can they promise the specific car a participant will be assigned to for his/her drive. Each participant is assigned to a car with careful consideration, based on individual height and weight.
What is the policy on rain-outs?
If your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, the driving school will contact you and either immediately reschedule you for another available date, or issue you a gift card that you can use to later reschedule at your convenience. A refund will not be issued due to rain-outs.
Other Virginia Beach Gift Ideas:(View all 31 Virginia Beach experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Norfolk Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(2)From: $94
- Norfolk Sunday Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 2-half(1)From: $60
- Scenic Biplane Ride for 2 - Outer BanksFrom: $198
- Aerobatic Biplane Adventure for 2 - Outer BanksFrom: $397
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $58
- Norfolk Lunch CruiseFrom: $60
- Virginia Beach Food TourFrom: $61
- Downtown Norfolk Food TourFrom: $67
- Williamsburg Winery TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $99
- All Virginia Beach Experiences