Dare County Regional Airport - Manteo, NC
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Fly with a FAA Certified Pilot and guide
- Take in the sights from the open cockpit of a WACO YMF aircraft, the modern day reincarnation of the classic biplane
- Approximately 30-minute flight includes 8 thrilling aerobatic maneuvers
- Keep a watchful eye on the water for potential views of dolphins, sea turtles, and even shipwrecks!
Experience the beauty of North Carolina's Outer Banks while satisfying your itch for adventure with this thrilling aerobatic biplane tour for up to 2 passengers!
Feel the rush of wind in your hair as you speed down the airstrip and lift off into the clear blue sky in the open cockpit of a WACO YMF biplane. The WACO YMF is a reincarnation of the 50-year old, classic biplane design. You'll get to experience this vintage style of flight, but with the safety of a modern aircraft.
For this approximately 30-minute tour, you will fly about 16 miles along the coastline and have ample opportunity to spot sea creatures and shipwrecks. Keep an eye out for dolphins, sea turtles, and schools of fish as you fly high above the shore. Notable sights may include the Wright Brother's Monument, Jockey's Ridge, Oregon Inlet, the Bodie Island Lighthouse and more.
Of course, you'll want to hold on tight because this is not your typical sight seeing tour! Along the way, your pilot will execute 8 thrilling aerobatic maneuvers, including 4 wingovers and 4 loops. This is sure to be an Outer Banks experience you won't soon forget!
- Participants must be at least 3 years of age
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
- Combined weight of passengers cannot exceed 310 pounds
- Participants must weigh less than 250 pounds
- Cloth helmets with built-in headsets are included
Please plan to spend approximately 50-60 minutes at the airport to allow for check-in and check-out, etc.
Up to 2 passengers per plane, pending weight restrictions
This flight is only for the passengers booked but spectators are permitted to watch take-off and landing from inside the terminal building
This experience is weather dependent. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
This is an open cockpit experience so please dress appropriately for the weather. Sunglasses are recommended as well as a light jacket if the temperature is below 70 degrees. Don't forget to bring your camera!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
How many passengers can the biplane accommodate?
The biplane can typically seat two average-sized adults comfortably. The combined passenger weight cannot exceed 420 pounds. Individuals weighing more than 250 pounds may find it difficult to climb in and out of the front cockpit. Mobility is required to board the plane.
Can I bring a child?
Yes! Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Please note, however, that the aerobatic ride is meant to be thrilling and may be too intense for young children.
What should I wear?
This is an open-cockpit experience so please dress appropriately for the weather. If the temperatures are below 70 degrees, a light jacket is recommended. Sunglasses are also advised and don't forget to bring a camera along!
Other Washington DC Gift Ideas:(View all 85 Washington DC experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly in Washington DCAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $349
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(19)From: $70
- Capitol Hill Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(22)From: $61
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $63
- Fly a WWII BiplaneAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $250
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $220
- Private Wine Education TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $85
- All Washington DC Experiences