Daily - Sunrise & Sunset
*Pending weather and pilot availability
- Enjoy stunning views of the Blue Ridge and Appalachian Mountains, Shenandoah River, vineyards and more
- Assist the crew with the balloon inflation process or watch as it takes shape before your eyes
- Embrace the serenity as you float effortlessly 1,500 - 3,000 feet above the ground
- A romantic day that you'll remember for a lifetime!
Experience the tranquility and romance of your very own Private Hot Air Balloon Ride over the Virginia countryside.
As the crew gets ready for lift-off, you can either assist with balloon preparation or relax and watch as it majestically takes shape before you. Enjoy breathtaking views of the Blue Ridge and Appalachian Mountains, the Shenandoah Valley and local vineyards as you float through the sky.
This romantic experience will leave you with a lifetime of memories!
- Participants must be at least 10 years of age or at least 54" tall
- Please contact Cloud 9 Living if you are over 230 pounds as additional charges may apply
This experience lasts 3-4 hours with approximately 1 hour of flight time.
2 per balloon
Friends and family are allowed to come and watch the balloon take-off and land.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule directly with the experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for expected weather conditions and closed-toe shoes. Sunglasses and a brimmed hat are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14-21 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
How do you steer a hot air balloon?
Air currents move in different directions at different altitudes. Before your flight the pilot will get detailed weather information which will let him/her know the altitudes and directions of these currents.A small helium balloon may be launched from the site to test the air currents at that particular location. The pilot will use this information during the flight to navigate the balloon and find a safe landing site.
How do you get back to the launch site?
Crew members that assisted with setting up the balloon will follow your journey on the ground; this is called a balloon chase. The balloon and chase crew will have radio communication with one another at all times.
How should I dress?
Dress appropriately for expected weather conditions. The temperature during flight will be similar to the temperature on the group. Hats and sunglasses are recommended.
Can I bring a camera?
Cameras and video cameras are encouraged! A balloon flight is a unique and great adventure you will want to capture. It is recommended to bring a camera or video camera with a neck or wrist strap for safety reasons.
Can I bring my cell phone?
Cell phones are allowed, but must be turned off prior to the launch.
Other Washington DC Gift Ideas:(View all 75 Washington DC experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly in Washington DCFrom: $224Avg Rating of: 5(19)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $183
- Capitol Hill Food TourFrom: $55Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $220
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseFrom: $70Avg Rating of: 5(9)
- Private Wine Education TourFrom: $85Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- Washington DC Dinner CruiseFrom: $121Avg Rating of: 3-half(9)
- All Washington DC Experiences