Washington D.C. Segway Tour
Daily - 10:00 AM & 2:00 PM
- Great for those new to the city or for Washington locals
- 30-minute Segway orientation so everyone feels comfortable
- Highlights include The White House, The Capitol Building, National Galleries of Art and more
- A great way to explore the nation's Capitol!
This Segway Tour is perfect for both those new to the city and long time residents.
For those new to the city, this tour will offer a fantastic orientation and give you an opportunity to see virtually all of the sites you know from movies, postcards and history. This tour also provides great stories and history for locals!
Riding a Segway is truly the best way to see the 'Capital City'.
Tour highlights may include (and are subject to change):
- The White House
- The Capitol Building
- Smithsonian Castle
- National Galleries of Art
- The Washington Monument
- Lincoln Memorial
- Vietnam Memorial
- WWII Memorial
- Korean Memorial
- The National Mall
Segway is a registered trademark of Segway Inc.
- Your tour will begin with a 30-minute orientation session that includes practice on the Segways so that everyone feels comfortable and ready to go out and conquer Chicago
- Segway and helmet are provided
- Participants must be at least 16 years old and weigh between 100-260 pounds
- All participants must sign a waiver and damage authorization for
- Participants under 18 years old must have a parent or legal guardian sign a waiver
- For safety reasons, pregnant women are not permitted to participate
- No alcohol is allowed
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 8 per tour. For groups larger than 4 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
Only booked participants may go on the tour.
This experience will run in rain or shine. If it rains, ponchos will be provided. However, tours do not operate in lightning and extreme weather conditions. Always contact the experience provider with questions regarding weather.
What to Wear:
Dress appropriately for expected weather conditions and wear comfortable shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
What is a Segway?
It is a self balancing, personal transportation device designed to go anywhere people do. Easy to use and operate, the two-wheeled Segway sports high- tech gyroscopes that automatically respond to your body's movements, "sensing" when it should speed up and slow down. You stand on a small platform between left and right wheels as you hold onto handlebars at a comfortable waist height. The Segway handles balancing for you so that you're always upright as you glide through any environment.
Is there a weight limit for the tour?
There is a maximum weight limit of 265 pounds.
What happens if it rains?
This experience will run in rain or shine. If it rains, ponchos will be provided. However, tours do not operate in lightning and extreme weather conditions so please be sure to contact your experience provider in these situations.
Do we go inside the museums and monuments?
You will not enter the museums and monuments since the Segways are so much fun! They will give you a great orientation, and you'll know exactly where you want to go after the tour.
Are the Segways safe for children or people with disabilities?
Although riding a Segway is relatively easy to do and learn, it is required that all riders be at least 12 years of age. Each of tour begins with a 30-minute orientation session to practice on the Segways until everyone feels comfortable. All guests must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without any assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without assistance or use of handrails.
Other Washington DC Gift Ideas:(View all 83 Washington DC experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly in Washington DCAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $349
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(19)From: $70
- Capitol Hill Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $61
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $63
- Fly a WWII BiplaneAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $250
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $220
- Private Wine Education TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $85
- All Washington DC Experiences
"This was a great experience from start to finish. I absolutely loved the Washington D.C. Segway Tour. I have been on several tours all around the world, and this ranks right up at the top. It was the perfect length, and there were plenty of open spaces to ride in where you could really experience what the machine can do. It is not just a tour where you are forced to follow single-file behind a tour guide the entire time. There were plenty of stops with a lot of great information provided about the monuments and buildings. Our tour guide was so friendly and personable. I would highly recommend this tour!"
"We started our trip to DC with this Safeway tour and could not have been more pleased. The monuments are pretty spread out and this allowed you to cover done ground and see a lot at one time. The your was three hours long and we were not bored at all. The segways are a blast and we wished we had some for the rest of the trip! The training you do before you start the tour is plenty to make you comfortable on the segway. If we travel to any other city in the, near future our first step will be checking to see if they have a segway tour too! Thanks for the great experience! "
"Great time. Max is a great guide, very personable and knew his history of the area!"