- The first kayak school in the nation to be both an American Canoe Association (ACA) Pro School and a British Canoe Union (BCU) Endorsed Center
- Established in 1999 by a highly accomplished ACA award winning instructor
- Learn on flat-water the foundation to whitewater Kayaking, enabling you to become a more confident, safer paddler!
This five-hour Whitewater Fundamentals lesson is a fun-filled lesson on flat water.
Your experienced and friendly instructors are experts in teaching beginners and helping students overcome their fears in a non-intimidating environment.
This class is coached by professionals, and is the most important kayak lesson you will ever take, even if you have prior paddling experience.
Much of the technical jargon has been eliminated so you can focus on five foundation skills:
- Proper equipment fit and boat outfitting
- Comfort underwater
- Exiting the kayak after a capsize
- Rolling the kayak
- Paddling in a straight line
By learning these skills on flatwater, you'll gain confidence and learn faster. Be well rested and prepared for an exciting day of kayaking!
May - October: Saturdays 8:45am
Must be at least 13 years old for this class.
Up to 5 people per instructor
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
We recommend wearing your bathing suit and closed toe shoes; do not wear cotton clothes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 72 hours prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.