May - September:
Saturdays - 9:00 AM
- Established in 1999 by a highly accomplished ACA award winning instructor
- The first kayak school in the nation to be both an American Canoe Association (ACA) Pro School and a British Canoe Union (BCU) Endorsed Center
- Feel confident and learn the foundations of whitewater Kayaking!
This 5-hour Whitewater Fundamentals class is a fun way to learn safe skills and techniques for whitewater kayaking!
Your lesson will take place on flat water enabling you to try maneuvers in a safe environment. A comprehensive beginner lesson is exactly what you'll need to feel confident when you paddle.
These experienced and friendly professional instructors are experts in teaching beginners and helping students overcome their fears in a non-intimidating environment.
Your guide will avoid technical jargon so you can focus on five foundation skills:
- Proper equipment fit and boat outfitting
- Comfort underwater
- Exiting the kayak after a capsize
- Rolling the kayak
- Paddling in a straight line
- Participants must be at least 13 years old
- Includes kayak, paddle, personal flotation device (PFD), skirt and helmet
- No kayak experience necessary
Up to 5 people per instructor
Friends and family are welcome to come and watch your lesson.
This experience runs rain or shine. In the event your experience is canceled due to extreme inclement weather you will reschedule directly with the experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
It is recommended to wear synthetic under-layers, a bathing suit and closed-toe shoes. Cotton clothes are not recommended as they hold and retain water. Don't forget sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What is included?
This experience includes a kayak, paddle, personal flotation device (PFD), skirt and helmet.
Are there any age requirements?
Participants must be at least 13 years old.
Other Washington DC Gift Ideas:(View all 76 Washington DC experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly in Washington DCAvg Rating of: 5(22)From: $224
- Capitol Hill Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $61
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $220
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(19)From: $70
- Private Wine Education TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(6)From: $85
- Fly a WWII BiplaneAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $250
- Washington DC Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(11)From: $131
- Gourmet Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(3)From: $167
- All Washington DC Experiences