Little Italy Food Tour
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Friday & Saturdays - 1:30 PM
Discover the merging of various cultures and cuisine in Baltimore on this Little Italy Food Tour!Full Description>
- Fun and knowledgeable tour providers have been awarded "Best of Baltimore" for Best Food Tours
- Enjoy 3-4 tastings that may include authentic paninis, spinach and ricotta ravioli, knishes from the area's oldest running Jewish deli, Italian wines and more
- Journey through the neighborhoods Baltimore's first immigrants settled in!
This Little Italy and Jonestown Food Tour brings together authentic Italian, Jewish and Argentinian cuisine in a unique experience that takes you inside the kitchens of some of the finest restaurants in town!
Take a walk through Little Italy, an area rich with history and authentic Italian culture and cuisine. Here you will meet residents, shop owners and proprietors as well as hear their stories that make this neighborhood culturally significant.
You will also visit Jonestown, once a predominately Jewish community and still home to Baltimore's "Corned Beef Row," the Jewish Museum of Maryland and numerous historical sights.
Enjoy a variety of Italian specialties that have been passed down from generation to generation and see some of the area's most important landmarks.
Tastings on this tour may include (and are subject to change):
- Authentic paninis
- Baltimore's best corned beef
- Knishes from the area's oldest running Jewish deli
- Homemade spinach and ricotta ravioli
- A tour of the area's only pasta factory
- Second generation Italian American specialties
- Italian wines
- Traditional homemade meatballs
- Tiramisu from baker claiming to have invented the dessert
- Approximately half of the 3.5-hour tour will include walking
- Children under the age of 7 who will not be participating in food tastings do not require a ticket, please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking if you will be bringing an infant or young child along with you
- All tastings are included in the price
- Visit 3-4 restaurants for tastings that will happily fill most stomachs
- Notify Cloud 9 Living of any food allergies or dietary restrictions at the time of booking
Maximum Participantsup to 12 people per tour
SpectatorsThis experience is only for those on the tour.
Weather DependentThis experience is not weather dependent and will run rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather, you will be able to go inside many of the establishments on the tour. Please dress appropriately for the day's weather conditions.
What To WearWear comfortable clothes appropriate for the weather. You will be walking for 3.5 hours, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings for this experience are final.
What types of foods are served on the tour?
You will stop at 3-4 restaurants during the tour. Most of the food along the way will be Italian specialties, but you will also have a chance to try traditional Jewish Deli food and some other fun secret treats!
How much food is served on the tour?
There are 3-4 stops on the tour where you will be served small specialty meals. For most people there is enough food that a meal afterwards will not be necessary.
What if I have dietary restrictions?
Most food allergies and dietary restrictions can be accommodated on this tour. Please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking of any special needs or requests.
Are children allowed on the tour?
Children are allowed on this tour. Please note, the tour lasts approximately 3.5 hours with a lot of both standing and walking.
If I am bringing an infant/very young child, do I need to purchase a ticket for them?
Children under the age of 7 that will not be participating in food tastings do not require a ticket. However, please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking if you will be bringing an infant or young child along with you.
Is this tour wheelchair accessible?
This tour will cover some uneven terrain and may be difficult on a wheelchair. Please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking if anyone if your party will need wheelchair access throughout the tour.
Do we just walk around and sample food?
This food tour provides history, architecture, culture and local cuisine. You will enjoy food at a number of restaurants throughout each Food Tour in the form of either specially plated dishes or family style meals, depending on the type of food at each restaurant.
How much walking is involved? Is it a fast-paced tour?
You will be on your feet for approximately half of the tour walking at a comfortable pace. Seating will be available at most restaurants for approximately 20-25 minutes. Remember to wear comfortable shoes.
What happens if it rains or snows?
This experience is not weather dependent and will run rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather, you will be able to go inside many of the establishments on the tour. Please dress appropriately for the day's weather conditions.
Does the tour guide accept gratuities?
Gratuity for your tour guide is not required, but is appreciated if your enjoy your experience.
- What types of foods are served on the tour?