Downtown New Haven Food Tour
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Typically one Saturday per month - 3:00 PM
Click here for schedule
Sample delicious delicacies from the historic 9th Square on this unique Downtown New Haven Food Tour!
- Your friendly and knowledgeable tour guide will lead you through this fun and eclectic corner of downtown New Haven
- Soak in the local sights, architecture, history and culture
- Stop for numerous mouthwatering food and drink tastings along the tour route
- Leave the hands-on tour with new knowledge and satisfied taste buds!
Spend an enjoyable afternoon participating in a hands-on tour of New Haven's eclectic 9th Square downtown neighborhood.Key Info>
Stroll the sidewalks stopping for lessons, hands-on demonstrations, and delicious samples. The tour will even explore the historic Green and walk to New Haven's own Walk of Fame.
During the tour you will stop at numerous restaurants. Stops generally include (but are subject to change):
- Enjoy local foods and produce at the Elm City Market, the city's only cooperative grocery store
- Taste delectable local pastries and bread at G Cafe
- Indulge your taste buds in Tikkaway Grill, Indian fare
- Relish the taste of a specialty pasta dish and wine at Skappo Italian restaurant
- Sample imported Italian food at Skappo Merkato
- Savor the taste of regional Indian food paired with beer at Thali
- Participants must be 21 years of age with valid ID to sample alcohol
- This tour is recommended for participants ages 13 and older
- You will walk approximately 1 mile during this tour
- Please bring water, as bottled water is not provided
- Tour includes food and drink samples
- Please tell your guide of any food allergies or restrictions the day of the tour
- Gratuity for your guide is not included, but is greatly appreciated if you enjoy the experience
Maximum ParticipantsYou will be joined by other participants, for a maximum of 25 per tour.
SpectatorsThis experience is only for those on the tour.
Weather DependentThis experience will take place rain or shine. Please contact your experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. Tours cancelled due to extreme weather will be rescheduled.
What To WearWear comfortable clothes and shoes appropriate for walking and for the weather.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance of intended date.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation you may reschedule with your experience provider directly up to 72 hours before your scheduled date. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel or reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
How far will we walk during the tour?
You will walk approximately one mile over the course of this tour.
What if it rains?
This experience will take place rain or shine. Please contact your experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. Tours cancelled due to extreme weather will be rescheduled.
- How far will we walk during the tour?