Private Glass Blowing in NYC
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Saturdays - 12:00 PM, 3:00 PM & 4:30 PM
For one of the most unique things to do in NYC on a weekend, engage in a Private Glass Blowing Class in NYC!
- Discover the magic behind molten glass, design a colorful piece of art that's all your own.
- Receive hands-on guidance from an expert glass blower in NYC with 25+ years of experience.
- Practice skills behind the art and science of glass blowing: safety, handling, Venetian cane techniques, color application, cold working, and casting.
- Your Brooklyn glass blowing instructor's work is sold around the world in places such as the Museum of Modern Art.
Challenge your creative side and immerse yourself in one of the most innovative and beautiful things to do in NYC as you explore the magic of a Private Glass Blowing Class!
Let your imagination run wild as you try your hand at a timeless art form. Enjoy the comfort, personalization and professionalism of learning in an exclusive studio setting. Absorb enticing topics surrounding the practice of glass blowing like its history, tools, skills and techniques, handling, cold working, color application, and more. Delight in a number of customized demonstrations, then give the methods a try for yourself!
Your instructor has over 25 years of expertise in this intriguing trade and has been a featured artist in various books and other media.
One-Class Option (2 Hours):
This one-time class is fantastic for beginners and starts out with a brief history of glass blowing, as well as the processes that are used. Next you'll review tools and set up shop in the studio! Observe and practice "gathering" the glass to make a couple of small items (typically marbles or a flower). Work your way up to creating a paperweight with vibrant layers of color that is sure to brighten up any space.
Two-Class Option (2 Hours per Class):
Double the Private Glass Blowing Class fun with this two-part NYC art lesson! Your first session will entail the same instruction and hands-on practice as described above. The second class will then start with a review then jump right into learning how to start a bubble using a blowpipe. After a few attempts, you'll combine skills old and new to make a cup. Blow a bubble, use multiple gathers to increase the size, mold a lip, add color, and transfer your artwork using a punty (the iron rode used to handle the glass). And voila! You have yourself a new way to enjoy your favorite beverages!
- Participants must be at least 16 years old
- Participants under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent
- All levels are welcome and your class will cater toward your ability
- Materials and tools are included
- Students typically will take home handmade marbles and a paperweight so that they can show their work to the world
- Items must cool overnight in the oven, but will be available for pick-up
- Shipping fees will apply for items that cannot be picked up
Duration2 hours per class
Maximum ParticipantsFor 1 or 2 participants depending on the option selected.
SpectatorsThis is a private glass blowing class.
Weather DependentThis experience is not weather dependent.
What To WearWear long sleeves and long pants made of cotton. Please also wear closed toed shoes and bring eyewear.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 30 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.