Historic Float Trip for 6
May 1 - October 15:
Daily- 9:00 AM & 2:00 PM
- Over 45 years experience, with all guides trained in First Aid and CPR
- Sit back and relax as you float down the historic Yough River for this two and a half hour tour
- Anyone can do it, and you won't get wet on this trip
- Your knowledgeable and friendly guide, dressed in 1750's garb, will highlight the region's ties to historical events such as the French and Indian War, the Whiskey Rebellion, and the Coal industry
What is a Float Trip? Our float trip is a unique and relaxing experience that won't just take you down the river, but will take you back in time. This 2 1/2 hour historic tour offers an exceptional way to experience history.
A guide dressed in 1750's period garb will navigate and narrate the "Yough" River's rich history, while you site back and relax. Our history begins with this called being the Gateway to the West.
Historical events such as the French and Indian war, The Whiskey Rebellion, and the coal / coke industry transpired here, molding our country to what it is today. You will see remnants of these days long past and draw your own conclusions to why this is the most important valley in the early development of our country.
Your journey will end in Dawson, where you can stroll the streets and tour the Washington Coal and Coke Headquarters, which have been transformed into a small museum and gift shop.
Required minimum of 6 participants for this experience.
Participants must be at least 4 years of age.
This experience has maintained an excellent safety record since 1963. Every guide is trained in First Aid and CPR & they take great pride in providing guests with a safe & enjoyable trip.
Paddling is done by the guide. You just need to sit back and relax.
Up to 55
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress for the weather. Clothing does not become wet on the float trip. Street shoes are fine. A hat and sunscreen may be a good idea.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other Pittsburgh Gift Ideas:(View all 25 Pittsburgh experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $195
- Stock Car Ride Along - Pocono RacewayAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $139
- Drive a Stock Car - Pocono RacewayAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $549
- Northside Historical Food Tour (for 2+)From: $84
- Little Italy Food Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 3-half(1)From: $84
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $49
- Pittsburgh Scenic Helicopter TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $365
- Lower Yough Rafting TripAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $74
- Upper Yough Whitewater RaftingFrom: $152
- All Pittsburgh Experiences
"The experience was very relaxing, informative and enjoyable. Our guide was both personable and knowledgeable. Our time on the water was just over 2 hours and, during the trip, we saw a variety of water birds. The guide gave us a good synopsis of life along the river during the late 1700s and contrasted it with life today along the same stretch of the river. our overall experience was very worthwhile."