North American AT6 Ride
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Saturdays and Sundays
*Booking times are on a walk-in basis available from 10:30 AM to 3:00 PM
April through Early-November:
Thursdays and Fridays - 10:30 AM to 4:00 PM
This dual-controlled, advanced trainer will give you a personal peek into how fighter pilots of the 1940's trained for their historic WWII missions!Full Description>
- Pilots have over 85 combined years of flying experience
- A meticulously-restored North American AT6 WWII advanced fighter-pilot trainer
- Magnificent views of the stunning Northern California countryside
- Experience the aerial adventure of a lifetime
This dual-controlled, advanced trainer will give you a personal peek into how fighter pilots of the 1940's trained for their historic WWII missions!
After climbing up a wing into the cockpit, settle carefully into your chute and bucket seat. With a flip of the ignition switch, the prop begins to turn, the 600 HP radial engine pops, sputters and roars to life!
The Texan leaps forward and down the runway as you race to meet your destiny; climbing, diving and rolling around cotton-puff clouds of the blue Sonoma sky.
Feel the G forces during your Warbird adventure flight as you carve up the sky with some high powered flying. Feel what it is like to push a military aircraft to the edge of the envelope.
The 20 minute flight takes you over the breathtaking fields and vineyards of Sonoma and the Napa Valley where, from just a few hundred feet above the ground, you can appreciate the rolling hills and acres of green pastures.
The 40 and 60 minute flights offers 3 scenic routes (weather dependent):
- The Wine Country Tour - Catch an eagle's view of world renowned vineyards of the Sonoma and Napa Valleys, heading east across the Cameros region to Napa, turn north to St. Helena, west to Glen Ellen the back south through the lush Sonoma Valley. Grapes galore.
- West to the Pacific - Fly over rolling hills and open pastures of Sonoma, Novato, and Petaluma; then head out to Tomales Bay and absorb the majestic magnificence of the Pacific Ocean.
- Spires of the City - Drift south towards San Francisco. A panoramic outlook of the Sausalito and Tiburon Harbors; outlying views of the Golden Gate Bridge and the Marin Headlands, the circle Mt. Tamalpais en route to Point Reyes and your safe Sonoma return.
Step back into history aboard this legendary WWII pilot trainer and embrace a nostalgic return to a bygone era of romance and excitement! This is an experience you will never forget!
World War II cadets flew in a series of 3 aircrafts: Primary, Basic and Advanced trainers. The North American AT-6 (Texan or SNJ-4) was an Advanced Trainer designed to give cadets a taste for the higher speeds and more complex systems of fighters, bombers, and transport aircraft.
You will be flying in a restored SNJ-4. Flying low over the surrounding hills gives the passenger a feel for the speed and excitement of WWII military flying.
- Participants must be at least 10 years old and 48 inches tall
- Due to the volatility of fuel costs, passengers may be subject to a surcharge of up to $25
Duration20, 40 or 60 minutes of flight time, depending on the option selected.
Maximum Participants1 passenger per plane
SpectatorsCertainly, there is a picnic area for you to observe from.
Weather DependentThis experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What To WearWear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. We recommend dressing in layers and avoiding windbreakers as they tend to fill with air. A cloth flying helmet and ear plugs are provided. If you would like to take a camera on board, please make sure it has a strap (leash) to secure around your wrist or neck..
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is it safe?
Safety is always a priority. For 30 years we have maintained a perfect flying safety record and each aircraft is maintained to meet the highest FAA maintenance standards.
Can I bring a camera or camcorder?
Yes! But your camera MUST have a strap. A camera with a wide-angle or panoramic lens is best, but even a throw-away camera will capture this unforgettable experience. A camcorder is OK as long as it is one of the smaller hand held types.
- Is it safe?